Thread: Daiwa Reel Guys

BBC SPONSOR

Daiwa Reel Guys

I have a question... Is there any way to aftermarket change the gear ratio of a Steez A?? I love this reel but it is not fast enough for me at only a 7.1:1, looking ror at least 8.1:1. I don't like how the Tatula fits on my flippin rods or I would go with it. Also can you replace the drag star with a smaller star on these?

2. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Can't answer specifically but if you can't, Bryan at Tackle Trap told me he could upgrade the gears in a Zillion SV TW to 9.1:1.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

3. Member
    In today's world I would venture to guess the answer is yes.. they can do just about anything with reels now.. however I am not a professional with reels as the afore mentioned comments get in contact with Bryan st the trap. If anybody knows it will be the guys at the trap and they are awesome at being helpful
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

4. Member
    I do know an 8.1.1 Steez A is coming out from the Japan show soon so hopefully I can get my hands on one..
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by THKUSTOMS View Post
    I do know an 8.1.1 Steez A is coming out from the Japan show soon so hopefully I can get my hands on one..
    How do I get like 10 of those like tomorrow lol. How could a guy get those?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddbugg View Post
    How do I get like 10 of those like tomorrow lol. How could a guy get those?
    Show is 1st week of February. Usually a month or two before the new reels start hitting the shelves. As for the drag star, you can replace it with just about any Daiwa drag star you want. If the one you choose is old style (non spring loaded), just add 1 or 2 additional spacers and make sure you have a good drag range. The various Steez drag stars are a little smaller and readily available at the Tackletrap. A PX Type R drag star would look pretty slick on a Steez A.