Where to stay when fishing BIG O

I wanting to go to the big O in January , never been there , wheres a good place to stay thats easy to launch the boat . Hope to stay about 5 days . If there's
    other places that might be good I'd love to know .

2. Banned
    Roland Martin's Marina... Dan

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Roland Martin's Marina... Dan
    Here here.... I'll be there mid February. Can't wait.

I second Roland’s Marina. Nice, affordable and easy excess to the big O.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

5. Member
    Agree on Roland's for rooms, they have several different types; check their web site. Plus's, you can eat at their restaurants and the launch ramp is close by. Not too many places to eat in that town.

ive been to Roland Martin Marina, 100% recommend it. anglers efficiency is nice, and you can even reserve a spot for your boat on the water. Good rates, good food, cold beer and big fish!

7. Member
    You can stay at Roland’s Martins in Clewiston or you can stay in Okeechobee at Holiday inn. I’m originally from that area and it’s pretty safe at both places but the Costa series is at the beginning of January and the Flw is at the end of the month. So if you can’t find a place to stay you can check out Chappys outfitters in Lake Port,Fl between Okeechobee and Harney Pond area which is a good area of the lake to launch. I live in Blairsville, Ga and I’m planning on going down 1-2 weeks after the FLW tournament.

8. Member
    LTZ25, you'd better check your dates with the FLW. When those tournies come to town the room rates will at least double around the lake.The Chamber of Commerce and/or Tourism Dept is trying to get the motel owners to stop doing that but I don't think they're having much luck. I understand that quite a few of the pro's are staying in nearby towns to the east rather than pay those rates.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Pemberton View Post
    You can stay at Roland’s Martins in Clewiston or you can stay in Okeechobee at Holiday inn. I’m originally from that area and it’s pretty safe at both places but the Costa series is at the beginning of January and the Flw is at the end of the month. So if you can’t find a place to stay you can check out Chappys outfitters in Lake Port,Fl between Okeechobee and Harney Pond area which is a good area of the lake to launch. I live in Blairsville, Ga and I’m planning on going down 1-2 weeks after the FLW tournament.
    On another subject, what do you think of the Elites on Chatuge? We have a condo there (live in Dalton) and bring my boat most of the year. It will be interesting to see how they do there. I am awful at deep and clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rip Bass View Post
    LTZ25, you'd better check your dates with the FLW. When those tournies come to town the room rates will at least double around the lake.The Chamber of Commerce and/or Tourism Dept is trying to get the motel owners to stop doing that but I don't think they're having much luck. I understand that quite a few of the pro's are staying in nearby towns to the east rather than pay those rates.
    I will probably move back to February , I didn't think about the big tournaments going on around then .

11. Member
    Roland Martins

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

12. Member
    You want to fish the north part of the lake from Harney Pond Canal up to the Kissimmee River then Lake Port resort is a good place to stay. The rooms are clean and comfortable located only about two minutes from the boat ramp.

13. Member
    Roland's also has a reduced military rate.
    Wyoming Blu ... Hook Up or Shut Up... Are you looking for a great club try http://www.littlecreekbassanglers.com/#!contact/c24vq

14. Member
    Id time my trip between jan and feb with a full moon and hope for warm weather!

Cant speak for lodging
    2007 Sterling 22xs-Yamaha 250-Dual 10 foot blades-Ipilot-Bobs Jack plate-HDS 8 (SOLD)
    2016 Sterling 220XS: (SOLD)
    2008 SCB Topcat 250 XS (SOLD)
    Current:
    2014 SCB Stingray Sport Merc 300XS
    2018 ES Custom Revolution 25 Merc 400R

Quote Originally Posted by linesider 159 View Post
    Id time my trip between jan and feb with a full moon and hope for warm weather!

Cant speak for lodging
    Thanks, good idea .

Rolands if south, Hampton Inn if in Okeechobee
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115