Don't you love it when...

You get to your tree stand and the steps, bow holder and even the rope are gone. The stand would also be gone if it weren't for the cable lock. Fu@king scumbag!!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Been there. Not my stand but I saw someone that had a guy on a game cam stealing his lock on.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

3. Member

USA

Is your stand on public land? Here in MO you are not supposed too leave your stand in the woods on Conservation (public) Land.

If it is private land, then you just have a thief problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ROADRUNNER View Post
    Is your stand on public land? Here in MO you are not supposed too leave your stand in the woods on Conservation (public) Land.

If it is private land, then you just have a thief problem.
    I was wondering the same thing
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Took two stands down on Wednesday, neighbor can't comprehend property lines, didn't keep them, just piled them up on his side. Got his camera too, had his name wrote in the cover and put "don't steal thieving bastards", gonna take it back to him and write, "don't trespass f$@ker".

It was about 30 yards beyond the back of the property line in the swamp. I can't believe anyone found it there.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    Took two stands down on Wednesday, neighbor can't comprehend property lines, didn't keep them, just piled them up on his side. Got his camera too, had his name wrote in the cover and put "don't steal thieving bastards", gonna take it back to him and write, "don't trespass f$@ker".

You're nicer than I am. I would have taken them and left a note stating trespassers would be prosecuted.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

^^^don't want to start a war. We don't live on this piece and can't watch over it. All of our stands are out and would make for easy stealing, in a time of war.

10. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Been there! Also climbed up in my stand and grabbed the rail as I was on the last step (Double Ladder Stand) and the entire rail came out. All bolts were taken. I dont know if they figured since they didnt come equipped to cut my lock if they would just try and tear it up and injure me or if they tried to take it apart for another reason. I almost fell and decided I would hunt from the ground. After the sun came up I walked back to the tree and found the handles off some bolt cutters as well as the bolts in the leaves.

11. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    ^^^don't want to start a war. We don't live on this piece and can't watch over it. All of our stands are out and would make for easy stealing, in a time of war.
    This is the way to go at first no doubt. We own land but dont live anywhere real close. We try and be civil at first if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Been there! Also climbed up in my stand and grabbed the rail as I was on the last step (Double Ladder Stand) and the entire rail came out. All bolts were taken. I dont know if they figured since they didnt come equipped to cut my lock if they would just try and tear it up and injure me or if they tried to take it apart for another reason. I almost fell and decided I would hunt from the ground. After the sun came up I walked back to the tree and found the handles off some bolt cutters as well as the bolts in the leaves.
    Wow what a PIA having to deal with that.
    2014 Ranger Z518c - Mercury 200 Pro XS - Humminbird

13. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarEagle300 View Post
    Wow what a PIA having to deal with that.
    I havnt hunted public land since this incident either.

14. Member
    I had one take this year, I went into it on opening day and it was gone, I had a good cable and lock on it and thought how would someone have the tools to cut my cable and when I was leaving I found it about 20 yards away and thought what the hell the lock was smashed???? I went back and looked at the tree the lock was shot there were two bullet holes in the tree. I always thought hunters would respect other hunters I guess there really are azz holes everyplave

15. Banned
    Dang. This deer hunting stuff is serious all across this great nation for sure. We have our share here in NC also. You just have to deal with them as you see fit. I would rather confront face to face rather than retaliate against a unknown but you have to work with what you have. This is one of the biggest reasons i quit deer hunting. People get their panties in a wad over something that could be avoided or handled another way. No whitetail buck is worth life without parole or the death penalty.

16. Member
    A true hunter/sportsman would respect others, these are just thugs in the woods. Hate a thief and every state has their share.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    I had one take this year, I went into it on opening day and it was gone, I had a good cable and lock on it and thought how would someone have the tools to cut my cable and when I was leaving I found it about 20 yards away and thought what the hell the lock was smashed???? I went back and looked at the tree the lock was shot there were two bullet holes in the tree. I always thought hunters would respect other hunters I guess there really are azz holes everyplave