The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Cabosil Mix Ratio

Help please
    Where can I order Cabosil in small amounts.
    Doing a hull repair, and wondering what the Cabosil / Gel mix ratio is.
    Thanks

2. Member
    https://www.jamestowndistributors.co...=GRID&history=

Also, West System has several videos on their website and YouTube that describe certain repair processes in detail.

https://www.westsystem.com
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    Depends on what a "small" amount is. If you are looking for less than a gallon you can check Ebay or US Composites.

Mixing ratio would be anywhere from 2 parts of mixed resin to 1 part Cab-O-Sil to 1 to 1 (vy volume) if you need it really thick. You are probably going to want it to be closer to the 1:1.

Be sure to mix the resin/hardener 1st before adding the Cab-O-Sil.

4. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Thanks so much guys.
    Yes, less than a gallon. I'll check ebay

5. Member

6. Member
    Here is what In do. All measurements are volume. 4oz resin including hardener (I usually use 3:1 epoxy but what ever you wish) 1oz of chopped fiber 1/4" or less depending how smooth you desire, add cabosil till you are happy with consistency for me that is usually about 4oz.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

7. Member
    a quart of cabosil runs 5 bucks at express composites. Mix it with the gel first to a mayonaise consistency then add the mekp. 20 drops per ounce

8. Member
    Express Composites is in my back yard, I love bouncing ideas off them. Top notch customer service! I just picked up a 10# bag of cabosil, a little more than I need. Mixing is relative to what your need is; peanut butter for a putty consistency, mayo for a more workable mix and molasses for a pourable void filler with no escape routes...WEAR YOUR RESPIRATOR.