Thread: 92 ranger

92 ranger

I was told the there's a tube like area to run wires at the gunwales.......have some t/m wire I my need to redo.
    is it ezy to snake?

2. Member
    Yes, there should be tubes running on each side of the boat up to the bow. If you look under the console you should see wires that go into the tube on the starboard side, same on port. Your existing TM wiring should be running through the tube on the port side (at least mine do on my 93). Find those and attach your new wires to them before you pull them back through. I have snaked new wiring through for electronics as well with a fiberglass rod snake.
    2023 Lund 2075 Pro V Bass XS
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 250 4S

3. Member
    Also there should be a break in the conduit in the port rod locker. You might not have to pull the wires all at once.

Back then, Ranger used to pull a rope through the conduit and leave it there for pulling wires. Make sure you pull another rope through there for the next time.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

awesome, i'll be doin some snaking in the springtime.......ultrex will be on it's way.
    4 or 8 gage wire?

Quote Originally Posted by tav View Post
    awesome, i'll be doin some snaking in the springtime.......ultrex will be on it's way.
    4 or 8 gage wire?
    I would think that 6 gauge would be the way to go.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments