Thread: Classic Rays

Banned

Classic Rays

Im going to ask this in the other brand's forums. Hopefully it'll make for interesting and/or surprising choices

So what Raymarines would you say are "classics" that have stood the test of time? Or your "go to" units. Or underdogs/over-performers? Or maybe if new units werent being made anymore, which models would you turn to?

I've only owned Dragonflys, so I cant name a model other than it. Id hate to be without a sidescanner.

2. Member
    Axiom has all channels built in with one transducer and no modules for the lowest price yet. Not sure it gets any better than that.

That said, e classic, e 80, eS are/were great units. Kind of a loaded question??? Looking at it from another view, what rod and reel from 10 years ago would you buy if you couldn’t get a new one? Fact is that today’s “low end” is far better than the best of the best 5-10 years ago.

If you question is what unit (other than Dragonfly) should I buy, hands down Axiom.

3. Banned
    Ugly Stik

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Don’t believe they have put out a unit with any inherent issue, it more just a matter of touch buttons or both. Then screen size!

I still use and love my first gen Dragonfly.