Not Banned

LED Compartment lighting

What's a good route to go for adding lighting inside compartments? I have some LED strips I bought for my Skeeter and never installed but I was thinking about going with just some kind of pod light? Like with the mounts, I don't keep up with anything so I'm not up to date with what is best.

2. Member
    I am not an led junkie and am not a big fan of pimp my boat lighting. I have thought about buying some modern version of the two lights hat used to be on the infomercials all the time and sticking them in the compartments.

3. Not Banned
    Yeah I'm not into the pimp my boat stuff either. I'm just looking for something to light the compartments for night fishing or early morning.

4. Banned
    Used these in all my compartments and also used them under my center console for courtesy lighting. They work good.

http://bluewaterled.com/boating-led-...ing-pairs.html
    Last edited by Original Tin; 12-08-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Have bluewater leds all over my boat and trailer and love them. The compartment lights are very handy. I have white deck lights and one unde the console as well and they work amazing on the early mornings or late evenings. Its not just bling the function is there all the same. You dont have to do the rubrail lights or anything but interior deck lights are great.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Banned
    I have compartment lights connected to the Nav light circuit. Deck lights on the Acc circuit

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    I have compartment lights connected to the Nav light circuit. Deck lights on the Acc circuit
    That looks good. I like the amber deck lighting...doesn't attract bugs. I used red led for the same reason. Plenty bright but not blinding.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    That looks good. I like the amber deck lighting...doesn't attract bugs. I used red led for the same reason. Plenty bright but not blinding.
    Exactly why installed amber. No bugs. I fish a narrow stretch of the Wisconsin River with cliffs on either side. The bugs and bats are thick at night. It doesn't kill my night vision and keeps me aware as to where the deck ends and water begins