Ultrex Binding up towards stowed position?

Hey fellas. Just installed 52 ultrex on skeeter 0820i. Used existing holes from my previous fortrex. However, when I attempt to put it in the stowed position, I begin to encounter resistance, almost like it's binding up (this happens about an inch or two away from the fully stowed position). I haven't gotten it into the locked/stowed position because I don't want to force it.

Any thoughts on what may be causing this?

Thx as always- J

2. Member
    Try loosening the nuts on the thru bolts. Not so much that the bracket will move. Just enough to take the bind out of it.
    If that doesn't work you may need to shim between the bracket and the boat. I hope that helps. Good luck.
    Wes

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D Dad View Post
    Try loosening the nuts on the thru bolts. Not so much that the bracket will move. Just enough to take the bind out of it.
    If that doesn't work you may need to shim between the bracket and the boat. I hope that helps. Good luck.
    X2 ^^^

4. Member
    sounds good fellas- ty!!

5. Member
    Anytime you have problems stowing or deploying any troll motor where it rubs or you have to force it to latch then I would look at the way it is mounted on the deck of the boat. It is very easy to over torque the screws that hold the mount in place, because no one want the mount to shake rattle and roll when going down the lake in a 2 foot chop. As above look at the deck of the boat make sure it does not have a curve to it from back to front. Sometimes shims are needed to make the mount level and take the twist out. Good luck

6. Member
    Thx guys. Ya’ll were right. I do believe I over cranked it. Loosened the bolts closest to the stern just a bit and that did the trick. Thx again!