Ultrex Trolling moter

I have a 2015 Nitro Z-8. I upgraded my trolling motor from a Fortrex to an Ulterra. During the installation, I found out that the foot petal does not fit in the cut out where my other pedal was in my boat. Has anybody else ran in to this problem? not sure I want to start cutting on my carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith R View Post
    I have a 2015 Nitro Z-8. I upgraded my trolling motor from a Fortrex to an Ulterra. During the installation, I found out that the foot petal does not fit in the cut out where my other pedal was in my boat. Has anybody else ran in to this problem? not sure I want to start cutting on my carpet.
    This question makes no sense.

3. Member
    Your title has Ultrex bout your post mentions Ulterra. I suspect you have an Ulterra, the foot pedals look a lot wider for that motor. The Ultrex looks to be the same size as the Fortrex or maybe slightly bigger. I have one arriving tomorrow for the Fortrex replacement. If you don’t want to replace your foot pedal tray you have two options .... make that 3 or 4. Buy a new boat, buy an Ultrex, add a fill block to your tray and use your foot pedal on the deck or stow the pedal and just use the remote

North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border

5. Member
    The Ultrex pedal is wider than the Fortrex pedal. I had to trim some of the plastic off of the rear corners of my Ultrex pedal to get it to fit my footwell.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

6. Member
    I replaced my Fortrex with an Ultrex. Foot pedal size was the same and the Ultrex pedal had the same holes for the screws as the Fortrex. No need to drill new ones.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    The ultrex pedal is indeed wider then the Fortrex.

According to Jones Trolling Service the Ultrex pedal is 12.5" long by 9" wide.
    I got nothin