Keel Guard question for Stratos 201

I have a 2003 Stratos 201 Pro XL which I love! I am looking to put a keel guard on my boat over the winter. My question is
    : do I buy a 7 or 8 ft keel guard .. Boat is 20' 9" kinda in between sizes if you look at recommended chart from keel guard.
    Does anyone have suggestions or experience in selecting the right length on their boat
    Thanks
    2003 Stratos 201 XL Pro
    2005 Mercury Verado 250
    Hds5, Hds9, Hds 9

2. Member
    I'll be keeping an eye on this one as I have been wondering the exact same thing

3. Member
    I have a '97 201 and put a 7' Keelguard on it. No problems and is plenty long enough. The biggest thing is to prep the keel per instructions. Takes about 45 min. to an hour to install.

4. Banned
    I know my boat is much shorter than yours. I have a 2000 283 Vindicator which I believe is an 18' 3" Bassboat. One of the first items I added to my boat was a Keel Guard. At first I followed the suggested length found on the package to install. I had an incident occur and had to have the bottom of my boat repaired. Whit this repair I had to purchase a new Keel Guard. This time I bought the longest Keel Guard I could buy for my boat. My KeelGuard runs from about 10" away from the bow eye, where the wench strap attaches to the trailer wench, to with in 12" of the drain plug. That insures and covers almost the total keel of my boat. I installed my Keel Guard in my driveway with little to no effort. I have never had a problem with the Keel Guard I bought from Bass Pro Shop several years ago. An alternative to the Keel Guard is the HAMBY keel guard. They are 8" wide where the Keel Guard is 6" wide. The Hamby has to have a heat machine to install and they are a bit pricey to have installed

5. Member
    I have the same hull I can measure mine tomorrow

6. Member
    That would be awesome
    Thanks
    2003 Stratos 201 XL Pro
    2005 Mercury Verado 250
    Hds5, Hds9, Hds 9

7. Member
    Ok try this again. My 08 201xl is six foot long and starts a foot below the eye