Cougar 250 Suzuki Top End Speed Advice (Trying again this weekend)

Below is little information from an older thread followed by another person's advice. If anyone wants to add I will be trying this weekend. Catching fish is top priority but will be playing around with this as well and checking in periodically.

Originally Posted by BassCatKev I'm getting 68-69 with full tanks, empty livewells, moderate tackle. I weigh 280 and my partner 230. This was last week at Cumberland. Took my partner out of boat and still 68-69. But keep in mind I haven't owned a bass boat of this caliber and very rarely driven one capable of such speed (owned a Dynatrak with Johnson 150 in early 2000s). I know the air of the day can make some difference. I've played around with trim and jackplate a little but not a lot. I could definitely not be driving correctly to get optimal speed. Open for any suggestions in that. Bought boat with Suzuki 28 and spare 27 prop. I've only used the 28 that came on it. As for holeshot it seems regardless of what I do the bow shoots upward quickly IMO. That could be like any BC. I don't have a lot to compare it too. But once planed out yes it accelerates quickly. Would be glad to answer any follow up question that may allow me to be more helpful.

Start a new thread specifically for your questions. A lot could be set up. Prop. Driver inputs.
    With the incredible reliability that comes with the Suzuki, come slight less power. But in my opinion with the right prop and set up you should see mid 70's loaded by yourself.
    Remember to give all info. RPM.s at WOT, Time in seconds for hole shot. RPM at hole shot. While trim on plane, how high is rooster tail.
    Steering torque at top speed. All this info will help others assist you.
    Congrats on an awesome rig!

2. Member
    Started this thread thinking I was FOR SURE going this weekend. Minor family emergency. Will keep posted at later time.