Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by snodogg View Post
    In many states there would be nothing illegal with that, provided they were tagged and registered. Aside from a littering fine if not dumped on private property with permission.

Ran into similar scenario in WI, warden told me once a deer is registered it's completely up to the "hunter" on what to do with it.
    It doesn't work that way here in Texas, if your tagged correct and license is good etc and you waste any part like hindquarter or front shoulders it's called waste of game. Ticket is the minimum and there is no exceptions taken. Why waste it? We donate deer to our local food bank every year as well as other church oriented mission trips that haul ground venison to Mexican orphanage.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    It doesn't work that way here in Texas, if your tagged correct and license is good etc and you waste any part like hindquarter or front shoulders it's called waste of game. Ticket is the minimum and there is no exceptions taken. Why waste it? We donate deer to our local food bank every year as well as other church oriented mission trips that haul ground venison to Mexican orphanage.
    I believe that law is in place in most states. A friend of mine who is now an elder on a Colorado Indian reservation (will remain nameless) showed me pictures of elk/deer that some members of the tribe had shot and only took the tenderloins and antlers. And it was just not a couple animals. Made me sick as they do not fall under state law enforcement and cannot be prosecuted.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonMan250 View Post
    Doesn't work that way any where I have hunted, wanton waste, its called.
    War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by okhawg View Post
    Doesn't work that way any where I have hunted, wanton waste, its called.
    Wanton? Don't recall ever heard that word. Had a lease Hunter a couple years ago kill a doe, he skinned it , took hindquarters, tenderloins and backstrap. Threw the front shoulders away, in good shape no bruising and the GW came to camp and found that and had a filed day with him. Those two shoulders cost him 500$

5. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    sad

What gets me is there's always someone asking me for some meat...or even a whole deer.. That doesn't hunt.... It's not hard for me to find someone to give a deer to most of the time... Processed or not... And if not then there are several local butchers that are in the program that I can donate to.. it's not hard.. And it's not wasteful...I can even have them take the loins and the straps out and donate the rest... Not difficult..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12