I have owned this boat for about a year and a half and when I got it,it had a 1998 Mercury 200 EFI 2.5 liter and ran decent. I sold the motor and hung a 2005 Mercury 3.0 liter 225 EFI on it and only gained 2 mph. Now I am selling the 225 EFI and have already bought an almost new Evinrude E-Tec 250 and currently waiting on control box and cables to get here to finish it up,but at least the motor is already on my boat. I did put a new seastar hydrallic steering system on the boat right after I got it because the cables were a little stiff. I`m guess the 6 inch manual jackplate came on the boat from the factory. I remember this boat from when it was brand new and had a yamaha 200 on it and it really looked like it was flying coming down the lake. I need help with setup to make it go faster.My 200 pushed it 60mph and the 3.0 liter gained only 2 more mph. And it has since I have owned it,felt like it was plowing and needs to get the nose up in the air. I figured the extra weight of the 3.0 liter would help it,but it didn`t. Does the boat need a longer jackplate? Any info at all will help. I`m just wanting to get it setup so it will run better.