Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After Market Trailer Step

Getting in and out of my boat when launching is becoming and issue and I would like to add one of those trailer step/ladder setups. I know there are a few out there, and suggestions?

2. eddrunner@bellsouth.net
    markpmfg.com very nice.

3. Member
    www.keelguard.com check out the Flex Step.

4. Member
    There are many to choose from - ultra tow universal aluminum step, boat-board, trick step, etc. All depends on your preference, setup, and wallet!

5. Member
    Trick Step. Best investment I've added to my boat. It makes it so much easier to lunch and load the boat.

6. Member
    I just install a step from Northern Tools ,at the bow winch post . E-trail sell 's them also .
    Trick Steps are nice . Just don't have the deep pockets now.

One thing to be aware of before you buy a trailer step such as a trick step is how tight you boat fits in the garage. With the garage door down and the swing tongue open I have about 3 inches of space. I just received a trick step system and I have to say is a quality piece of craftsmanship. The problem is the bottom step extends beyond where the tongue swings which means I can’t close the garage door. I am now faced with modifying my new trick step. I have an idea that may work but I’m going to call the company to get their opinion on my modification idea first. If any readers are considering a three step system, make sure you have plenty of space between the garage door and the trailer with a swing tongue. If you don’t have a swing tongue there should be no problem.

8. Member
    Swing your tongue to the other side just switch the pin

Quote Originally Posted by Deerhunter View Post
    Swing your tongue to the other side just switch the pin
    how is that gonna shorten up his step that sticks out past the front of the trailer?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. Member
    i installed a step like the one from northern tool. went to lowes and bought piece of 5ft 3/4 pipe and some brackets . Installed the pipe on trailer. i have step and handle and cost me less than 50 bucks ---works great
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

11. Member
    I installed one of these on my Stroker, due to slipping and falling while by myself. I've had others come over to find out about it, mostly elderly, or disabled vets.
    https://www.easystepsystem.com/

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    i installed a step like the one from northern tool. went to lowes and bought piece of 5ft 3/4 pipe and some brackets . Installed the pipe on trailer. i have step and handle and cost me less than 50 bucks ---works great
    Can you post a picture of it?

13. Member
    Easy Step Systems is on my trailer and I can't imagine not having it.

14. Member
    I have Trick Step on my Phoenix and it is about 3" shorter then where the tongue swings to the side.

15. Member
    skunked again---i would be happy to send a pic , but i dont know how to post pics ---if u want to pm me ur number i be happy to txt you a pic of it
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Member
    Installed a E-Z step on my RT 198P trailer and can't imagine not having it now. Easy to install and very well built.

17. Member
    Skunked again ---i sent pics to you---hope they can help . very simple and works for me !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

18. Member
    Could you send me a few pics of the handle.

If you need help or have any questions about the Megaware FlexStep Pro please email us at info@keelguard.com or call us at 800. 292.9835. Also check it out at https://keelguard.com/product/flexstep-pro/

20. Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast