Trick Step is awesome. markpmfg.com
    2003 Ranger 520VX
    2007 225 Mercury Optimax
    Lowrance 2-HDS-12's Touch Gen 2
    Lowrance 1-HDS-7 Touch Gen 2

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOMER View Post
    Made this very safe..
    Thats nice also . What type of metal pipe you use to make the handler .I see you had to bend it or make a eblow or 90 degree turn and what you use to make the bend .

Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    I installed one of these on my Stroker, due to slipping and falling while by myself. I've had others come over to find out about it, mostly elderly, or disabled vets.
    https://www.easystepsystem.com/
    This is what I have. I decided on the side mount steps. Couldn't be happier.
    It's what you learn AFTER you know it all that counts...

2017 Ranger Z519
    Mercury Pro XS 225
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI G2N

5. Member
    Any welding shop or machine shop can bend the pipe. 1 1/4 round thick walled pipe approx. 7' in length. Template for step I made.

6. mikesxpress
    Add a HD aluminum storage box at the height you need to step up. Place to keep trailer spares, wider step, doesn't affect overall length, less expensive, no corrosion, looks like it belongs there.

Box is ok boat is sweet !!!!

8. Member
    I have a G3 Sportsman and the trailer under it is made by Bear. I have been looking at the different step systems that will accommodate this set up. There has been some good options so far.

9. Member
    I think this has been asked somewhere, but can't seem to find it. With these steps, if you miss a little when loading, are you in danger of hitting these? They seem awfully close to the bow when trailered, so I'm curious if anyone has had this happen?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Add a HD aluminum storage box at the height you need to step up. Place to keep trailer spares, wider step, doesn't affect overall length, less expensive, no corrosion, looks like it belongs there.

My bumper would love that box. Good idea though.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrtJr22 View Post
    I think this has been asked somewhere, but can't seem to find it. With these steps, if you miss a little when loading, are you in danger of hitting these? They seem awfully close to the bow when trailered, so I'm curious if anyone has had this happen?
    I have the Easy Step on the trailer for a 98 Tr20 and have never had a loading problem. It will all depend on how your trailer bunks and boat are set up.
    Rocket

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrtJr22 View Post
    I have a Trick Step and never came close to hitting it. I guess if you back the trailer way to deep then you might hit it.

13. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    My bumper would love that box. Good idea though.
    It's mounted on the trailer frame back of the swing away not on the tounge. If your bumper would hit it you have other issues.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    It's mounted on the trailer frame back of the swing away not on the tounge. If your bumper would hit it you have other issues.
    Gotcha. Looks like it sticks out far enough that a hard swing would tag it. I have a spot backing in that I half to almost jack knife to get into. That's the main reason I don't get the steps.

15. Member
    For what it worth my homemade one never any issues with bumper clearance
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Easy Step...hands down the best investment I've made to my boat/trailer.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

17. Member
    I have had the step made by EZ Loader (on my Legend boat) and now have a trick step on my Ranger. I liked the EZ Loader step better - it seemed sturdier, had a taller pole and mounted to the trailer frame instead of the winch mount. No issues whatsoever with turning radius etc. However it won’t fit on a Ranger trailer because Ranger has a side step on the frame.
    I’m also very happy with the Trick Step. No problems mounting it on a Ranger trailer. It does not limit my turning radius either. Both are very good products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12