idbefishing

Does bitcoin help criminals, terrorists.....

and bad guys in general? Could N. Korea get their nuclear stuff via bitcoin? All kinds of underground stuff could take place a bit easier. I can't see our gov. let this go wild forever. They will put a leash on it eventually.

2. Member
    I was always under the impression yes that basically any type of underground activity could take place using bitcoin or whatever crypto currency. As far as the gov letting it go its been going on for years no.. So im not sure they can shut it down as its worldwide.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I was always under the impression yes that basically any type of underground activity could take place using bitcoin or whatever crypto currency. As far as the gov letting it go its been going on for years no.. So im not sure they can shut it down as its worldwide.
    They couldn't shut it down so to speak, but they could make it an unaccepted currency for legitimate transactions in the U.S. which could certainly hurt it's value as China did. However, about the time China shut it down, Japan ramped it up so as you've seen it essentially had no effect aside from a short-live dip.

4. Member
    If there is supply and demand someone will come up with a currency.

5. idbefishing
    My guess for the reason they have been letting it goes uncheck is since it has not been super valuable, until recently, and you can't pay for something in very large amount with it

6. Member
    The simple answer is yes. It can be transferred, bought, and sold without a real trace as to who did what. Drug cartels supposedly love it for that reason. No reason I couldn't see guns or missiles being purchased with it. The only reason the gov will want ANYTHING to do with it is if they can make money off it. They may use security or some other reason for it but it's all about the $$$

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Countries aren't using bitcoin yet, price would be much higher. There's a lack of supply. If a country was to buy bitcoin to use, they would need to buy millions and that would wipe out supply. No telling what price would reach.
    Thanos was the hero

8. Member
    bitcoins, paper currency, gold, diamonds... all favored by criminals
    Shibs
    Crestliner 1700 with 90 hp 4S (2016)
    Avid spoonplugger and student of Buck Perry.
    Fish out of Muskegon Lake, MI

Onix 10 SI

9. Member
    If you are using a exchange like coin base you CAN be tracked on the silk road...but the feds would need a reason to fallow your transactions..and coin base would have to give u up..coin base is trying to legit the negatives of bit coin. This is a good thing for marketing bit coin.. if you are into illigal active there are other exchanges manly oversees that u can use. But most iligal transactions are per to per and no one can track that

10. Member
    Just heard a small town/village in Wisconsin fell victim to bitcoin ransom hackers. They hack the towns voter and employee records demanded bitcoin $$$ in ransom they got paid by the village.

11. Banned
    Yes, I believe the only "value" of bitcoin is to escape government tracking. Read about the Silk Road on the dark net. Bitcoin gives people an opportunity to exchange money through the block chain technology without ever raising a flag at banks, IRS, FBI, etc.

12. Member
    Got a call this morning that something was wrong with my computer windows and Habib could fix it for me and i could pay for it in bitcoin!!! True story!!!

If the US govt. wanted to put a stop to money laundering, secreting money overseas avoiding taxes, etc. they will just change the color of the money and give you 30 days to exchange and comply. The old currency would be worthless at least as legal tender in it US. That has been considered.

Do you use petroleum products .. if so they have helped pay for terrorists more than anything

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Do you use petroleum products .. if so they have helped pay for terrorists more than anything
    Correct! And if you buy gas or any petrol product they win

16. Member
    WTH is Bitcoin?

Quote Originally Posted by Astyle954 View Post
    WTH is Bitcoin?
    BBC currency of choice as of late. Duh.
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

Hackers just recently hacked mecklenberg county government and wanted to get paid a ransom in bitcoin. That is the county charlotte nc is in.

I'm surprised the hackers even returns or unlocks the data, after they are paid the ransom. Once they receive the bitcoin it's theirs.

North korea is the biggest miner of bitcoins and with the sanctions its the only currency they can use. Coinbase is pretty legit- they dont use coinbase. They use straight exchanges like bitfinex

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector