Megabass Warhammer

Does anyone have experience with this rod? I am currently using a xx aaron martens flipping special and a dx795 for punching 1-1 1/2 oz weights. Is the warhammer similar and worth the upgrade? Thanks

It was one of the first models I asked for. I love it. If you like punching it's an amazing rod. One of the things that will immediately be obvious is while this rod is built to hold up to heavy cover fishing with big baits is that the rod itself is incredibly balanced with a reel on it, not tip heavy at all and really a pleasure to fish with. You will not feel like you are holding the average punching rod in your hands though it stands up to anything you throw at it easily.
    To me it's worth the upgrade as I love to punch grass etc.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 12-07-2017 at 11:43 AM.

3. Member
    Thanks for the insight. Hard to find real world info on this rod. Probably gonna give it a shot it looks pretty sweet.

4. Member
    If you don't mind me asking. What reel did you pair it up with? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan2005 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking. What reel did you pair it up with? Thanks
    I use a Daiwa Tatula SV on it. I use the 8.1 speed.

6. Member
    Ok perfect. Thanks for the help

The Warhammer is a really nice punching rod indeed. I think it's better with heavier than 1 oz tungsten, 1.5 oz really seems to be in the zone. The XX Flipping Special is a little lighter in power than the Warhammer, but both are outstanding rods. The XX Flipping Special is more versatile in general for deep water jigs, etc. but for pure punching, the Warhammer is a lot of fun. I have mine paired up with a custom speed 9:1 Zillion HD that The Tackle Trap puts together...