Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who's going to the Classic?

I have a group of guys that may drive down to the Classic. The Expo was awesome in 2014 at Guntersville. Wonder when and where this big unveil of Vexus will take place.

2. Banned
    Convention center... Dan

Looks like this guy is..... I hope! Vexus is unveiling their lineup and my daughter, my son and I would really like to be there. Now if we can talk momma into it!

Pretty sure we can bribe her in some way, after all she already gave the green light to sell the current boat and buy a Vexus! Awesome!!!
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

4. Member
    Yay, only about an hour and a half away from the classic venue, guess I'm taking a road trip next spring.

5. Member
    I'm in. From our condo on Chatuge (site of the 2018 AOY event), only a hop skip and a jump away.

6. Banned
    ill be there but ill be marshaling on the water. might make it to the expo if i don't get picked for sunday

7. Member
    Driving down from NY with the old man, so I will be there! First time, looking forward to the expo

8. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    6 hrs away. Planning on being there. I'm not in the market for a new boat, but am curious....

9. Member
    I will be there.

My buddy, who has a trailer at Santee, lives in Anderson, SC. So, we are planning to stay with him for the Classic for a few days and then go on down to Santee to fish for a week afterwards.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Driving down from NY with the old man, so I will be there! First time, looking forward to the expo
    You’ll love it. It’s huge. Try to make the launch one morning if you can

Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    ill be there but ill be marshaling on the water. might make it to the expo if i don't get picked for sunday
    Have you already received an email back from BASS saying you've been chosen?

13. Banned
    not yet. registration just opened last week, so it will be a while. I'm a lifetime member and signed up as soon as it opened, so i'm optimistic. I also signed up for the AOL tourney just in case. I made room reservations 5 months ago

not yet. registration just opened last week, so it will be a while. I'm a lifetime member and signed up as soon as it opened, so i'm optimistic. I also signed up for the AOL tourney just in case. I made room reservations 5 months ago
    I hope we both get drawn, but because you're a life time member doesn't mean you'll get picked. I've been lucky enough to marshal last 3 classics as a regular BASS member and my cousin is a lifetime member and hasn't been drawn yet.(He signed up all 3 times before I did). This year I'm a lifetime member, be my luck I won't get drawn this year. The Elite events are fun, but the Classic is a whole different ball game. Lots of fun!!

15. Banned
    yea it doesn't guaranty ill get picked, but it did guaranty we got to register first which should increase our chances to get picked. they had some we site issues this year but I signed up as soon as the site was fixed

yea it doesn't guaranty ill get picked, but it did guaranty we got to register first which should increase our chances to get picked. they had some we site issues this year but I signed up as soon as the site was fixed
    Same here. Let me know if you get picked. We should know fairly soon so guys can make reservations.

17. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    I hope we both get drawn, but because you're a life time member doesn't mean you'll get picked. I've been lucky enough to marshal last 3 classics as a regular BASS member and my cousin is a lifetime member and hasn't been drawn yet.(He signed up all 3 times before I did). This year I'm a lifetime member, be my luck I won't get drawn this year. The Elite events are fun, but the Classic is a whole different ball game. Lots of fun!!
    At least lifetimers get good seating at the weigh in. I may attend be the first time I've been up there since 2013 when I relocated to FL. Gonna stay at a buds house in Anderson close to the ramp.

18. Member
    I would like to go from California but it would be 12 hrs to get there due to lay overs, last year direct flight to houston.

19. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Fly direct from Cali to ATL and rent a car only a 2.5 hour drive to Greenville.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosterman View Post
    Same here. Let me know if you get picked. We should know fairly soon so guys can make reservations.
    will do. i made my room reservations about 5 months ago. i'm 14 minutes from the ramp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast