Visiting Lake Jackson----A little help please

My son owns property on Lake Jackson in Covington and I will be visiting from New Hampshire for about three weeks during the holidays. Sure would like to catch me a few GA largemouth but my son can't give me any advice because he doesn't really fish. So can anyone from the area help me out? Baits/lures to use and productive spots on the lake this time of year. I will have access to a good lake map if someone can point me in the right direction........ Thanks in advance from southern NH

Google....... winter bass fishing lake Jackson.. your search will pull up a article from GON(Georgia outdoor news). The article has 10 waypoints and what to use. Right now, the lake is very tough. I have a tournament there on Saturday. And, I would rather be sitting on the sofa.
    "There are 3 types of people, those who can count, and those who can't"

3. Member
    Small crankbaits off the main river channel and it's small pockets, and cover water. It has changed to a mostly spotted bass lake.

4. Member
    Hate to tell you this, but my advice: drive to Lake Sinclair instead. Fished there a couple times in the last couple weeks and threw everything but the kitchen sink at them. Caught 2 legal fish between 12 and 13 inches for my troubles. In my opinion, Jackson is a mediocre lake evem in the best of times. I think it's a case study in why not to put spotted bass into a southern lake.