The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar

Forest Woods New Vexus Bass Boats Co.

Maybe y'all already know about this...maybe not!

EDIT: I was just schooled that Vexus already has it's own thread! Well, there ya go!

https://www.bassresource.com/bass_fi...oat-vexus.html

http://www.baxterbulletin.com/videos...ats/108204860/

https://worldofdictionary.com/dict/l.../meaning/vexus
    Last edited by Fidgetcranker; 12-07-2017 at 08:05 PM.

You serious, Clarke?
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

3. Member
    I think it will be interesting to see what it ends up being in the end. I am guessing something similar to a Ranger and it will be a good boat. I doubt it will ride like a Phoenix tho but it will fish well and be a very good looking boat an be build well all the things these people have believed in for 50 years. I wish them well on their new company. I always like seeing people who go out and try, to do well.

4. Member
    They may build a good boat but they will be priced atleast as high as ranger if not more. Competition is a good thing but I don't see them building a boat that will out perform a phoenix. It may look fancier, but that won't help out in the big water.

It does say something about the economy. I read an interview with the new company's president and he pointed out with the Dow breaking 24,000 he feels the economy is at a good point to expect continued growth. Good news for sure.
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

6. Member
    Paraphrasing the press release/interview I read, they are going to be at the upper end of the price tier. Not surprising. The Ranger board thread on this subject is pretty funny.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Paraphrasing the press release/interview I read, they are going to be at the upper end of the price tier. Not surprising. The Ranger board thread on this subject is pretty funny.
    Yup they called our markings cheesy. I will take cheesy over upside down hockey sticks any day..Nothing says quality like our bow wings
    Risen From The Ashes!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    Yup they called our markings cheesy. I will take cheesy over upside down hockey sticks any day..Nothing says quality like our bow wings
    Read a comment about "cracked up" as well. Just mindless kool-aid drinkers. My 920 fishes just as well as any Ranger with the TM down, not a stress crack on it (though it might/might not earn a few over time as they ALL do if subjected to the right conditions), and will absolutely leave them all when flying down the lake. All that and thousands less of my money invested. I don't feel the need to argue with 'em. Nothing to argue. I do love seeing new boats and look forward to seeing what they produce. And will enjoy the ole Ranger boys taking shots at each other the whole time.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by txbass1 View Post
    Alot of the ranger guys have been running on level 10 butthurt for a while now. Any little thing beyond "Ranger is the greatest" sets some of them off.

From what little information we have it sounds like vexus will be another legend. Super nice boats with alot of cool features but $75-80k starting price for a 20 footer.

10. Member
    The ranger guys want them to build a ranger copy. Their going to be real butthurt when they don't put out a ranger. It will probably be a nice boat but it's not going to be a ranger copy. Atleast it won't be after JM rips them a new one if they try. From some comments I think they were going to buy legend and JM bought them first.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The ranger guys want them to build a ranger copy. Their going to be real butthurt when they don't put out a ranger. It will probably be a nice boat but it's not going to be a ranger copy. Atleast it won't be after JM rips them a new one if they try. From some comments I think they were going to buy legend and JM bought them first.
    Mind you it not being a Ranger copy might improve things :-)
    Risen From The Ashes!!

12. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Just a guess here, but I'm thinkin new boat of the FLW on the way.

13. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Just a guess here, but I'm thinkin new boat of the FLW on the way.
    I noticed how name F. W. keep coming up
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

14. Member
    Once Johnny Morris kills off the majority of the independent Ranger dealers in favor of his BPS and Cabelas locations, these guys will be there to pick up the pieces.
    Last edited by Whiteboat; 12-08-2017 at 08:53 AM.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    Once Johnny Morris kills off the majority of the independent dealers., these guys will be there to pick up the pieces.
    Ranger boats isn't a victim right? Didn't these same guys sell out in the 90's to a private firm?

16. Member
    I think Ranger has been sold a few times since Forrest Wood. Genmar, PE, and now JM (I could have missed one or two). I own a Ranger z520 and a Phoenix 921 PHX (different locales). I'm sellin the z520, just because I want to get something newer. I was planning to get a z520c/z521c, but I may wait to see the Vexus. I live the fact that we will all have another bass boat brand to shop very soon!

17. Member
    Mind you it not being a Ranger copy might improve things :-)
    Phoenix proved that. Haha

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Phoenix proved that. Haha
    oh yeah!!!! :-)

19. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    I edited op... I was recently schooled that Vexus already has a thread here. Foot in mouth

...Nothing says quality like our bow wings
    Nicely stated

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP