Possibly buying a bug this weekend

Alright so I came across a 98' Skeeter which I believe is a zx200 with a 99' v200tlrx yammy on the back for $4,000. I plan on giving it a good visual inspection hitch to prop and giving it a compression check. Is there anything else on this bug that I should look at or be worried about? I was told the efi was acting up so he put in all new high and low pressure fuel pumps and head gaskets as well.
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

2. Member
    compression check for sure. pull all the plugs and open the throttle. you can also buy small endoscopes on amazon that will fit into the spark plug hole to inspect the cylinder walls for $15. well worth it. not sure if those had wood or not but jump around like a trampoline and see if anything feels funny. tilt the motor up and stand on the lower as well as bounce to check for flex etc. it would be good to have a buddy go as well. if all that is good and the gel is good, you will be good!

3. Member
    Common "problem", if you could call it that, with the OX66 EFI engines, were the O2 sensors. They carboned up pretty easily. If a shock treatment of Ring Free doesn't work to clean it up, it may need to be replaced. Nonetheless, those engines were beasts. If everything checks out, run a quality injection oil and RING FREE and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the replies so far guys! Hopefully it works out I'm starting to have my doubts since the seller isn't responding to texts or calls now.

5. Member
    Did you find it on Craigslist? That seems like any awfully good price. I find Craigslist boats like that all the time where the seller falls off the map as soon as they find out I'm probably too smart for them to scam (only by a little bit though )

It was a friend of a friend and after chatting with him all was going well and told me to come take a look at it then silence for 4 days. While at work my buddy would text him and he would reply back saying he'd call me and never would. So I gave up on it.