1987 ranger boat

I have a 1987 396v. have had it since it was brand new. im finally in a position to fully restore it. have a couple questions maybe someone knows the answers to.

D ring latches that were on it are missing or need replacing. does anyone know the specs on an aftermarket one that will work?

anyone know where I can get a glove box lock?

Fuse panel cover is broken. anyone know where I can find one? ranger says they don't carry it any longer

I did call ranger and they were little to no help. couldn't give me specs on the latches but will sell me new ones for $32 each

anyone have any experience changing the livewell controls from the dual sliding ones to the newer style? how hard/time consuming and cost?

thank you all in advance for any help!

well If I could I'd send her over to blink your wish , and it be done then you'd be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

3. Member
    haha yes I would be! but i'll settle for doing it myself with hopefullt a little info obtained here!

4. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I might have a fuse panel cover let me check in my stash ok will get back to you
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

5. Member
    Thank you twitch! That would be awesome!

Anything can be updated and starboard material is your friend for making shrouds and covers. Your latches are obsolete and no longer made but you can upgrade to the "T" handle very easily and you'll thank yourself. No more pulled rings. I changed them out on my 81' 375V. You will have to drill the holes out with a hole saw as everything newer and better was 1/4" bigger, very easy to do. Clamp a 2x4 over the current hole to allow the center bit to bite and hold it in place and take your time. Install new and go.

7. Member
    do you recall on your T handle latches the specs. seems the new ones come in 1/4" and then 1/2-3/4 or does it not really matter?

8. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/t-h...ildCatid=12698. Used these in my older Ranger worked without drillng holes.

9. Member
    awesome! I'll stop by academy and take a look

thanks!