Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I prefer Maui Jim but whatever you buy mirror green for fishing.
    Please release me,let me go.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Another question I have is do you all who have polarized glasses wear them for everyday use. Ive never had a set of polarized glasses so didnt know if they were or were not good for everyday tasks such as driving.
    Haven't had anything but polarized in at least 30 years, cuts a lot of glare.

Quote Originally Posted by BasserJim View Post
    Everyone is perfectly alright with cheap sunglasses until they get a really nice pair.
    well not really el cheapo, total $402.00 prescription regular glasses, with poly carbon lens, auto tint, <so don't need xtra pair of sunglasses, scratch resistant , polarized and all they can do with lenses. but beat a quote of $550 + up from sources in network. .

4. Member
    I have a pair of costa glass. I haven't worn them in years. Their heavier and it maes a difference to me.

I like the Fisch and Tuna Alley. As stated, blue lenses for everyday use and deep water fishing and green/amber lenses for sight fishing. I have several pairs in 580P and 580G. I think you will be happy with either of the 580 series lenses. They are amazing. I love my Costas. Best glasses I have ever owned.
    Dan Beck
    2013 Ranger Z119/SHO 200

6. Member
    Check prices at steepandcheap.com

7. Member
    Costco sells the upscale sunglasses for about a third of retail. Catch is each store only gets a couple pairs so you have to catch it just right. I have picked up several pairs. The last ones were Maui Jims retail $349- $99 at Costco.
    Please release me,let me go.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak16 View Post
    Costco sells the upscale sunglasses for about a third of retail. Catch is each store only gets a couple pairs so you have to catch it just right. I have picked up several pairs. The last ones were Maui Jims retail $349- $99 at Costco.
    That could make a fine Costco trip. Pick up a whole prime ribeye and Costa glasses... lol Ill have to take a look

9. Member
    Welp if anyone out there is looking at Costa glasses I was finally able to make it out to Bass Pro and get someone who knew a little about them. Took 3 trips but finally found someone lol .

Tried on:

Fantail (Medium)
    Tuna Alley (Large)
    Salt Break (Large) I think
    Fisch (XL)
    Tasman Sea(Large)

I have a big mellon so the Fantail was a littel too snug. The counter person said that Costa recommends a way to check sizing is that you should be able to slightly fit your pinky finger between your temple and the arm of the glasses. Well that was a no go for the Fantail and they just seemed too snug as well.

I next tried the Fisch as they were the xl set. I could easily fit my pinky between my temple and the arm of the glasses. The glasses seemed to fit ok as I could shake my head forward without them falling off. But when looking in the mirror they just appeared to be slightly too wide and seemed to allow a little too much light in around the side.

So this is where it gets interesting as I tried on 3 different styles of (Large) frames. Each set seemed to fit me just a little different. One might be a little tighter than the other. One might have the earpiece made a little different. One might be a little taller of a frame.

Anyways the one pair which seemed to fit best BY FAR were the Tasman Sea. I think she said these were new but I can say without a doubt they fit my mellon the best. There was just something about the fit that immediatly made me feel like they were best suited for me.

So the moral of this story is that you should do exactly what people advised me to do. Go somewhere that you can try on the frames and decide from there. I can say that with 100% certainty I would not have selected this frame style as I just had not heard much about it.

10. Member
    Thanks for the link it is hard to find any help at most stores.

11. Member
    After much research and shopping, I happened onto "Provengo .com" The only prices I saw that were as good was on E-Bay, with limited choices and sometimes no Costa Warranty. Provengo deals with Military, former and active + families. All First Responders and Government employees. I bought 2 pair of Costa Galvestons, one pair with their 'C-Mate' reader lens and one without, both in 580-P. My melon is on the large side, so the Galveston frames are ideal for me. Check them out, you'll save $50 or so and still get Costa's warranty. Bought a Benchmade Contego from them on sale for $138 shipped, that's $ 20-30 less than any other vender. I have NO connections with Provengo, just trying to help.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    After much research and shopping, I happened onto "Provengo .com" The only prices I saw that were as good was on E-Bay, with limited choices and sometimes no Costa Warranty. Provengo deals with Military, former and active + families. All First Responders and Government employees. I bought 2 pair of Costa Galvestons, one pair with their 'C-Mate' reader lens and one without, both in 580-P. My melon is on the large side, so the Galveston frames are ideal for me. Check them out, you'll save $50 or so and still get Costa's warranty. Bought a Benchmade Contego from them on sale for $138 shipped, that's $ 20-30 less than any other vender. I have NO connections with Provengo, just trying to help.

Im not a government employee so im not eligible. But might help others who are.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCWbassmaster View Post
    580P are more scratch resistant than the 580G, but the clarity is better with the G.
    As stated above, try them on before purchase. Fantail frame is for normal sized heads and has good coverage. I wear the Tuna Alley's because I have a round head.
    Lense color is personal preference.
    Blue - Everyday wear / Fishing / Snow activities. Works for everything
    Green - Everyday Wear / Sight Fishing
    Yellow - Low light sight fishing
    For me the plastic scratch way easier than the glass

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bronzebacks View Post
    For me the plastic scratch way easier than the glass
    Based on my research I agree. The lady who I was speaking with at Bass pro also agreed.

15. Member
    Im not a government employee so im not eligible. But might help others who are.
    I was surprised I was able to join. Couldn't serve in the Armed Forces, although I do work in the Defense Industry. I just entered my E-Mail address, not thinking I'd be qualified but I was! It might be worth a chance. You wont see the member's prices till you register.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I was surprised I was able to join. Couldn't serve in the Armed Forces, although I do work in the Defense Industry. I just entered my E-Mail address, not thinking I'd be qualified but I was! It might be worth a chance. You wont see the member's prices till you register.
    I tried and was denied.

Is your email a gvt email addy ???

17. Member
    I tried and was denied.

Is your email a gvt email addy ???
    Nope, gave my home E-Mail. It's had to have been where I work. Let me know which Costa's you're interested in and we'll go from there. Can't cost much to send something so light.

18. Member
    My 2cents on Costas glass I bought a pair of rx in February paid a lot for them and don’t like them the glass are heavy and the rx is not spot on they are what they call digital and told me they may be off a little well that little means a lot I can’t see like I can in my regular glasses ,will not ever buy another pair of glass lenses from anybody.

Go to Costas website and pick your frame size. Click on frame width and chose what fits your melon.
    The Tuna Alleys fit me perfectly. I wear a 7-5/8” hat size.
    https://www.costadelmar.com/us/en/su...?sz=20&start=0
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    Go to Costas website and pick your frame size. Click on frame width and chose what fits your melon.
    The Tuna Alleys fit me perfectly. I wear a 7-5/8” hat size.
    https://www.costadelmar.com/us/en/su...?sz=20&start=0
    Well thats part of the issue as I dont know what size my mellon is other to say its larger than normal lol. Someone mentioned that on the Costa web there were instructions for measureing your mellon but i have yet to find them. If im missing them please let me know where to find them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast