Thread: Almost Ice Time

dartag1829

Almost Ice Time

My lake Thermometer shows 38 degrees. With all the high winds that means lake turnover must be complete. Ice won't be far off. A couple more nights like we had last night and no wind will be it. At least the ice fishermen will be happy.

I dread the day of ice on

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. dartag1829
    Yep it is a sad time. Only good thing is it will be short this year. Many years they are already out ice fishing and skating by now. I have not been on the ice in probably 10 years. I do like to watch guy getting excited about catching a 21 inch pike on a tip up when we complain all summer about catching them. I figure guys that ice fish must have Ugly Wives / girlfriends to sit out on a bucket all day.

Good news in I will be catching Florida Pond Bass in about 24 days.

Boo! I do not like the hard water.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

5. Member
    Ice fishing: Ranks on the fun list somewhere between, waiting in the lobby of the dentist office, and sitting on the couch with you’re thumb in you’re a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Ice fishing: Ranks on the fun list somewhere between, waiting in the lobby of the dentist office, and sitting on the couch with you’re thumb in you’re a$$.
    Someone else’s thumb is a different story.....

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

7. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    There was ice in the shallow water at devil's lake last Friday. So yes if the wind would stop the ice wouldn't be far behind
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

8. dartag1829
    Still have my aluminum boat on the hoist. Hoping for a Christmas Eve or Day boat ride around the lake. Did it the last 2 years. Also have busted ice to get it out. Pure Michigan.

i have some broken St Croix tip sections coming in, and a couple of them look great for ice rod conversions. PM me i should be getting them soon

10. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by bob o View Post
    i have some broken St Croix tip sections coming in, and a couple of them look great for ice rod conversions. PM me i should be getting them soon
    If you could make one 300 feet long I could fish from my couch. Bout as close as I will get to the ice this year.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    I would have to disagree....It is pretty tough to beat jigging up those big walleye on Saginaw bay and Lake Erie.....Perch fishing, Crappie, Lake Trout, etc etc......If you don't like Ice fishing you probably need to spend some time with guys that can put you on fish.... I would put a good day on the ice right up there with Spring smallie fishing on LSC....

If the fish are biting slow I always have a grill of some type fired up with good chow and Some coldies......Love ice fishing...
    Last edited by brnzbaklvr; 12-09-2017 at 09:21 AM.

12. Member
    this is how real ice fishermen do it
    Attached Images Attached Images

13. Member
    So where’s the real fisherman��

14. Member