Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have Boat US for on the water issues and progressive trailer coverage. Last year I had a leaf spring go out 35 min from home. I was glad I had tow coverage. For my boat trouble I had to call 911, cause there was no boat US coverage on the reservation/reservoir. Found out Rescue officers don't charge anything if you need a jump start.

2. Member
    I just looked and you guys are correct, AAA RV Plus no longer covers boat trailers. When I get the renewal bill I will be telling them no thanks I am not interested since they no longer cover my boat trailer
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

Quote Originally Posted by bigbitef11 View Post
    I have Boat US for on the water issues and progressive trailer coverage. Last year I had a leaf spring go out 35 min from home. I was glad I had tow coverage. For my boat trouble I had to call 911, cause there was no boat US coverage on the reservation/reservoir. Found out Rescue officers don't charge anything if you need a jump start.
    I have both of those ,hope I never need them .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrub View Post
    I just looked and you guys are correct, AAA RV Plus no longer covers boat trailers. When I get the renewal bill I will be telling them no thanks I am not interested since they no longer cover my boat trailer
    Yep you have to add the "Premier" coverage to keep trailer coverage to the tune of another $26 bucks per year.

Yuh huh, just like the airlines - keep nickel & diming you. Told AAA to kiss off couple years ago.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mean_dean View Post
    Yep you have to add the "Premier" coverage to keep trailer coverage to the tune of another $26 bucks per year.
    I called AAA this morning and was assured by a manager that my boat trailer is still covered under RV Plus as long as the boat is on it. Not sure what that has to do with it but I want to see it in writing before I renew
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

7. Member
    "Trailers: AAA Premier RV covers motorcycles, boats, personal watercraft, ATVs, utility, unoccupied livestock and snowmobiles."

https://autoclubsouth.aaa.com/Membership/PlusPremierRV.aspx

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

8. Member
    Not mentioned here but Charter Lakes Marine had the best price and most coverage for me of anyone listed. They even have tournament fee reinbusement.

http://www.charterlakes.com/boat-ins...oice-insurance

Just a FYI..... I went with Bob at Worldwide after checking around and finding out more about what my present insurance company does not cover and how a total loss would be handled.

After doing quite a lot of research, I think a company that knows boats and trailers is the way to go. I thought that same thing when I owned RVs and bought from a RV insurance company. I don't know why I didn't do that with a boat until now. Also if your boat is a total loss for some reason, there are two different methods of paying you off --- one is what the insurance company says your boat was worth and another is an agreed amount beforehand. I would suggest that you find out what your company does with the way boats and accessories are going up on price now.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and help. I had a close call on the interstate at night about 700 miles from home the other night. I also came in from fishing a very remote lake at night yesterday. We were catching fish and wanted the topwater bite late in the day. It would have been bad if my motor had not started for some reason. I feel better now about my coverage and options in an emergency.

I also got emergency trailer towing and emergency boat towing if I break down away from home on strange water where I don't have a friend to come and help. Did not have that before.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydbee View Post
    This was my experience. I had AAA RV for years because they had boat coverage. They changed their policies in the last year or two. They now only cover RV's.

I also have the Boat US Trailer program. Good for 100 miles from home. And I have tow charges included from Bob at Worldwide.
    Hummm then they lied to me. They told me that if I purcahsed the additional RV coverage that the boat would also be towed unless the rig that came could not haul both. If that happend I could pay for the tow for the boat and it would be reimbursed.

You all are making me nervous.

11. Member
    Bob from World Wide is who I have and I wouldn't use no one else. All the do are boats so you will get the best coverage for your needs.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    The BoatUS road coverage is good. I have had it 7 or 8 years and used it three times. Been very pleased each time.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    I have thought that some kind of BBC crowd-sourced road and water service would be a wonderful thing. Somebody breaks down and they can get a text sent to every participating BBC member and if somebody is close they go help. Probably not practical, but it would be pretty sweet.
    I agree. This is a great idea! Also, if you out on a lake with other boaters someone should lend a helping hand. I've towed dozens of boats over the years back to the boat ramp even diring tournaments. On couple occasions i was even able to fix their motor on the water. Surly, at some point, just about every one will encouter a situation that could use some help. Some may not know but you should always help a vessel in distress, no matter how severe.

14. Banned
    Unlimited Freshwater Towing Membership With boatus. $86 a year

http://www.boatus.com/landing/landing/services.asp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12