Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Little male flat tabs. Send me your phone number and I can send you some pics if you'd like. Can't post via photo bucket anymore. Once I found the POS and Neg I just used a Dremel to mark each side.

2. Member
    Thanks...I appreciate it.

Pm sent.

Pics sent!

Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    I could never commit to full battery power! My drill will be put away once there's 8-10 inches of ice. The Strikemaster comes out...with the 8inch Kdrill. I have an abnormally fast powerhead thats almost a pleasure to shred ice with!
    I also forgot to mention I have 2 freak strike masters as well lol

They both scream!!! You can adjust the throttle to get a little more out of them but in the end some are just apes. I also used run a 6" Lazer Mag on my 54cc head and that takes about 2lbs off the weight of the 8" and it rips so fast it is scary! Pretty much like putting your Milwaukee fuel on the #2 setting and ice flies about 4ft around you when you cut haha

5. Member
    It seems like some of those powerheads are just better than others! I have a 7 inch auger on mine. It outcuts others by a longshot!

Also, the M18 batteries have the Pos. and Neg. terminals labeled. I will pick up a set of the M12 batteries to try out. Plan to be fishing quite a bit in SD the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the info.

It seems like some of those powerheads are just better than others! I have a 7 inch auger on mine. It outcuts others by a longshot!

Also, the M18 batteries have the Pos. and Neg. terminals labeled. I will pick up a set of the M12 batteries to try out. Plan to be fishing quite a bit in SD the next few weeks.

Thanks again for the info.
    The M12 are not marked I gotta send you a pic of mine. I forgot to do that last night!

I could never commit to full battery power! My drill will be put away once there's 8-10 inches of ice. The Strikemaster comes out...with the 8inch Kdrill. I have an abnormally fast powerhead thats almost a pleasure to shred ice with!
    My buddy that I usually fish with has a 10 inch Eskimo. Once I find fish with my K-Drill, he fires that beast up (74cc I think) and makes holes the size of a toilet seat so we don't get hung up on our ducers. When I'm alone, which isn't often, then I just use my electric setup. He also drills our tip-up holes, which he will do this Saturday morning! Finally gonna get out.
    25th Anniversary Champion 187 SCX Elite
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Perception Pescador Pro 120 Kayak
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

8. Member
    Regarding SM power heads, I have one of the original 49cc heads with an original Lazer 8" augers. I was a buyer for a very popular pro shop when Lazer was introduced. I was able to swing a deal a season prior to full availability but I had to buy "old" year end 49cc power heads. So we were basically buying store stock of heads and lazer bits and assembling them for sale as a single unit.

How long ago? Memory is not the greatest when it comes to dates but I think it was in around 90-91?. I bought one for myself, the salesman's/engineers sample. That thing has been drilling holes all these years without a hiccup. No telling how many thousands of holes it has drilled. It is fast, fastest I have seen. In fact guys even come to me to ask what model it is because I just rips down the ice. so yeah the do vary in performance.

It has been been stored for about 3 years now, my milwaukee/K-Drill is now my preferred drill of choice..... last weekend drilled 70 holes through about 9 inches of ice on 2 batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Wormdunker View Post
    Regarding SM power heads, I have one of the original 49cc heads with an original Lazer 8" augers. I was a buyer for a very popular pro shop when Lazer was introduced. I was able to swing a deal a season prior to full availability but I had to buy "old" year end 49cc power heads. So we were basically buying store stock of heads and lazer bits and assembling them for sale as a single unit.

How long ago? Memory is not the greatest when it comes to dates but I think it was in around 90-91?. I bought one for myself, the salesman's/engineers sample. That thing has been drilling holes all these years without a hiccup. No telling how many thousands of holes it has drilled. It is fast, fastest I have seen. In fact guys even come to me to ask what model it is because I just rips down the ice. so yeah the do vary in performance.

It has been been stored for about 3 years now, my milwaukee/K-Drill is now my preferred drill of choice..... last weekend drilled 70 holes through about 9 inches of ice on 2 batteries.
    What size batteries you running? My drill came with 2 5 amp and I bought a 9 Amp Have not been out to use it yet but just wondering how many holes a guy gets in a foot of ice with a 5 amp
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by 61Woody View Post
    What size batteries you running? My drill came with 2 5 amp and I bought a 9 Amp Have not been out to use it yet but just wondering how many holes a guy gets in a foot of ice with a 5 amp
    What size drill?
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

11. Member
    8 inch...20-25
    6 inch...30-40

That's what i've seen so far. I think it's possible to get more...but not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Royjulius View Post
    What size drill?
    18V Milwaukee Fuel

18V Milwaukee Fuel
    Sorry, I meant the auger part. A 6 inch will get you a lot more holes.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Sorry, I meant the auger part. A 6 inch will get you a lot more holes.
    8"

I hope this is okay...if not, mods feel free to delete.

For anyone that's interested, there's a group buy on Dakota Lithium 10 ah going on over at IceShanty.com. Sounds like $69 for a battery plus shipping (compared to $100+ at normal price). Chargers available as well. This is the second one they've done...saw a guy say 1 battery + a charger was $105 last go-round.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

16. Member
    I have the M18 with 5.0 amp batteries. XC 5.0.

17. Member
    You guys running K drills have you had any issues with the Plastic auger flights breaking....I just ordered a 6 inch and when I opened the box I was surprised that the flighting was plastic..

Quote Originally Posted by brnzbaklvr View Post
    You guys running K drills have you had any issues with the Plastic auger flights breaking....I just ordered a 6 inch and when I opened the box I was surprised that the flighting was plastic..
    Nope. On my 3rd season and still rock solid.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post

For anyone that's interested, there's a group buy on Dakota Lithium 10 ah going on over at IceShanty.com. Sounds like $69 for a battery plus shipping (compared to $100+ at normal price). Chargers available as well. This is the second one they've done...saw a guy say 1 battery + a charger was $105 last go-round.
    That's cool. I'm on the Shanty all the time.
    Mercury 175 EFI
    Aquos 10ft Pontoon Boat

That's cool. I'm on the Shanty all the time.
    Good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post

Just ordered mine. It came to $86 and change for a battery alone after shipping costs. Pretty substantial discount given that they're usually $100 a piece before shipping! The actual cost was $71.xx for the battery, and buying two gets them under $69 a piece.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast