2010 Tracker 190 rod locker

Looking at a 2010 Tracker 190, but I carry numerous 7'6" rods, and looking into some 8-footers. Can anyone tell me what the max length is in this particular hull in the center front deck locker?

2. Member
    I could fit a 7’6 in my 2006 model but from what I’ve seen online, they don’t fit nearly as well in the newer versions with the center rod locker. The longest rod I ever fit in the 2006 was a 7’11

3. Member
    yeah I'm being told they're built for 7' in the 2010's

I have the exact same boat I have several over 7ft with no issues. Have not put a 8ft rod in there but I’m sure it will fit. My longer rods I put in the big opening in the middle not in the rod tubes.

Although i believe that year didnt have the larger lid that went over the corner of the deck if you are careful an 8’ rod is no problem. The center rod box runs all the way to the tip of the bow. I have an 8’ cranking rod in the rod box of my pt175 fits with room to spare.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    do you have to make any mods or take out the front plate/tubes to make the >7' rods work? I'd like to carry around 15 rods in that middle box, all with rod sleeves...should I pull the trigger on the 190.

You shouldnt have to change anything the front of the rod box is open all the way to the tip of the bow. If you put rods with stick jackets on them they will fit just fine. I store 14 rods in the center rod box on my pt175 one of them is a7’11” cranking rod and several 7’6” rods no issue. How is the condition of the boat everything clean no damage check the hull for any cracks or stress marks? What engine is on it and how many hours? Make sure you check everything out thoroughly and get an engine computer history and fault printout on the engine as well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Yeah this next boat will be about my 10th one. Got a good handle on what I’m getting into. I’m really lusting over the RT198, but this 190 is in excellent condition (and I don’t have the time to justify another $60-70k rig right now). An older gentleman bought it new and only put it in the water 2-3 times supposedly. Haven’t seen it in person yet, but it looks great. Want something to bring my 9 year old when we get a free Saturday, but still be able to get serious when I need to.

Sounds like a nice rig.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.