steez boca ceramic earing noise.

just put a set of ceramic boca bearings in my steez 100sha. Put a little lube on them and removed seals on the new bearings. Spool seemed like it did not spin very good with the new bearings.So took them out and cleaned them and now running dry. Spool spins better but not more than 10 seconds. Is this normal and are ceramic bearings pretty noisy? Mine are. Did not cast yet maybe I will try tomorrow. Thanks

2. Member
    Boca's will be noisier than the stock bearings but they will make a totally different noise when they dirty and in need of attention. If you cleaned them you are probably hearing the normal noise. I run mine dry also.

3. Member
    Like mentioned above, ceramic bearings are noisier. Testing a spool on free spool is not the best test to a good bearing. You first should make sure your bearing has been cleaned from any grease or oil. Then add one drop of oil to a stn. steel bearings and if you have ceramic, you can run them dry or with one drop of oil. What you ultimately want is to be able to cast your lure or jig with less effort, which in turn will get you better accuracy. Also properly cleaned/oiled bearings, will give you better distance. Once you go down this road, you will have to adjust your brakes and cast control knob, so you don't repetitively backlash.

4. Member
    As said they will be nosier since the hard ceramic material..
    Just ONE drop of oil is what I run them or you can run them dry as said..
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

5. Member
    Great, no worries then. Thanks for the input.