Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    I looked at the site https://www.russellmarineproducts.co...gory-s/100.htm and it appears they have assumed production of the Electronics Glove. Previously a guy that was on BBC was making them for both Lowrance and HB.
    I might be that guy. I made a few of them for myself and some board members a few years back - including a few with clear vinyl for see-through use.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=335753

2. mikesxpress
    Not you Brad. This guy was mass producing them for the major brands of MDF's and they had the Electronics Glove logo screened on the front, and a website. I believe he had some heath issues and quit.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    Not you Brad. This guy was mass producing them for the major brands of MDF's and they had the Electronics Glove logo screened on the front, and a website. I believe he had some heath issues and quit.
    Ah, gotcha.

4. Member
    Buy this for a couple of bucks at Lowes or Home Depot. They come in about six different sizes to accommodate any size graph. It's like a big twist tie and no cover is going to come off once you put this thing on. It is also extremely durable as you can see. I've used this tie (pictured) for a couple of years and it still looks like new.

Attached Images Attached Images

5. Member
    I just super glued mine on, solid as a rock but kinda hard to see through....

Knock on wood I've never had one come off but I do loosen the RAM mount on my front graph and put it face down against the carpet and re-tighten so the graph sits flush. Most of the time I take them off and put into a case when traveling.

6. Member
    If you have a spare tm strap it works great.Have one on the bow and one at the console secures the cover and had no issues.

2 small bungee cords

8. Member
    I use small bungee cords....

9. Member
    I bought some 3/4" webbing strap and buckles on line and adjusted them to easily fit over the Humminbird Helix rubber covers. I stitched the buckles to not unravel and snap them on and off. Works very well.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries 181 View Post
    Velcro strap pair for $6.00 at Lowes. Adjustable length. Perfect for large Helix units.

Bill
    Been using these for years!

11. Member
    There is a company in Texas that makes some of the "Glove" type covers, they call them sonar socks - https://www.riveratackle.com/product...ory/sonarsock/ - I have been looking at them for a while but just havent pulled the trigger yet.

12. mikesxpress
    Quote Originally Posted by djmartin4582 View Post
    There is a company in Texas that makes some of the "Glove" type covers, they call them sonar socks - https://www.riveratackle.com/product...ory/sonarsock/ - I have been looking at them for a while but just havent pulled the trigger yet.
    Looks like a storage cover after the MFD is removed from the boat?

Quote Originally Posted by skeel View Post
    I use these on my graphs. You can get them in different sizes for different size graphs. You can also use them for Alabama rigs and dropshot rods.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize...K-01/203210714
    What I use....works well!!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

My co's job # 1 is to hold the cover .

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeel View Post
    I use these on my graphs. You can get them in different sizes for different size graphs. You can also use them for Alabama rigs and dropshot rods.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Nite-Ize...K-01/203210714
    X2

16. Tin Boats Moderator Pokie Pa's Avatar

17. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I travel with my covers on all the time and I have 2 HDS8's and never had a problem of them coming off, even on rough roads or 70mph down the highway they snap on pretty good and sometimes even trouble getting them off. watch now I probably jinxed myself....lol
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

18. mikesxpress
    I'm still a little confused why the covers are being used while towing?
    The possibility of any screen damage is minimal as it's facing rearward. You have a much higher probability of a rock hit to the back of the unit during road travel. If you have a built in/surface mount then these bungee's are not going to work. For long trips I take my MFD's off. Local trips (10 minutes from the ramp on the Potomac) I have my Gloves on to protect them.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 12-21-2017 at 07:25 AM.

19. Banned
    thats why i remove mine and put them in the pelican case when traveling

These harbor freight ones look like the best idea to me, or maybe those silicone bands from Amazon. I don't like using the velcro straps, as when I take them off and throw them in a compartment they stick to every thing they can find, including themselves.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123