Thread: Medical courses

Medical courses

I was thinking today at the range that i really would like to be prepared in case of an accidental shot, hunting accident, etc. For example, my gun club is a minimum of 30min away from any medical facility. Hunting sometimes can be even farther than that. Has anyone ever taken some sort of "combat/tactical" medicine class? I know basic first aid and all, but wouldnt mind learning/training on major wounds (tourniquets, clotting agents, etc). I do not ever want to be a surgeon by any means, but if one day someone has an accident and I can save someones life or my own, to provide temporary care, may not be a bad thing to take a class in. Any thoughts/advice?
    Skeeter Sx186 w/ yamaha 150

2. Member
    Check with your local fire stations, paramedics, or search and rescue units to see if they offer any training in trauma 1st aid. Good luck!

3. Member
    Good idea. My wife is a nurse and they have to get certified/re-certified through courses that the Red Cross offer. You might check with them as not sure if they do courses that you would need to take, but they might.