Single stage vs dual stage reeds 1998 225 efi

I recently broke a reed (carbon) in my 1998 225 efi. I have a set of dual stage reeds what differance would I see between the two? Any help would be appreciated

They say that the Boyesen 2 stage reeds idle better, but that's it..no appreciable difference in top end.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Member
    Alrighty that's fine I just wanted to make shure it wasnt gonna have a negative effect

4. Kllr bee
    Idle through mid range better with 2 stage. No difference at full throttle. XB 250 and 300 Pro Max came with 2 stage reeds.
    Richard

are those the ones you got from Mike and I ? those were from a 300pmax,and are in good shape,, Those are the reeds that the factory use, and recommend,as stated by killrb ,above, on the 250xb and 300pm. I have the same reeds in my 250 xb with 300 C10 heads,tuner and ecu's,I suggest you have those injectors serviced,as that motor had a major piston meltdown,and nobody followed up on why,,it was just parted out,or use your own injectors in the 4 butterfly intake. QUOTE=norrisboy22;8904765]I recently broke a reed (carbon) in my 1998 225 efi. I have a set of dual stage reeds what differance would I see between the two? Any help would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

6. Member
    Yes they are and I'm gonna use my 225 efi injectors and just swap the throttle plate out. I can still use the 300 reed plate right? I was just gonna swap the whole plate out

[QUOTE=norrisboy22;8907223]Yes they are and I'm gonna use my 225 efi injectors and just swap the throttle plate out. I can still use the 300 reed plate right? I was just gonna swap the ya just leave em intact, on that plate and use the 4 hole intake with your,known good injectors/rail. Did you get c10/c11 heads for it ?

8. Member
    No not yet I havent found a set