Question CV52 Transducer Placement

Gents, registered here just to post this picture and ask a few questions...

I just got a 93SV and am in the process of installing it. The guide is fairly lacking in details for installing the transducer. The small X is where I plan on putting the transducer bracket.

My boat is only 36 inches wide, so that spot is 14 inches from the motor, and centered between that strake and the edge of the boat, 4 inches from each. Since I will be drilling into the transom, and not a mounting plate, I want to try to get it right the first time and not have to move it. Does that spot satisfy any unwritten requirements for a Sv/Cv transducer?

Thanks in advance guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I mounted mine on the bottom of the trolling motor only because I wanted to see what was directly under me, not 20 feet to the back of the boat.

John

3. Member
    Thanks btf. I have a 73cv on my trolling motor...picked up the 93sv on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Gettin' Jiggy View Post
    Gents, registered here just to post this picture and ask a few questions...

I just got a 93SV and am in the process of installing it. The guide is fairly lacking in details for installing the transducer. The small X is where I plan on putting the transducer bracket.

My boat is only 36 inches wide, so that spot is 14 inches from the motor, and centered between that strake and the edge of the boat, 4 inches from each. Since I will be drilling into the transom, and not a mounting plate, I want to try to get it right the first time and not have to move it. Does that spot satisfy any unwritten requirements for a Sv/Cv transducer?

Thanks in advance guys!
    Looks good to me. I would install a piece of Poly board to your transom with a few screws and 4200. This way you can move the ducer around as needed without putting a bunch holes in your boat.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Before drilling holes in your boat look into the Sternmate and Stern Saver.......

http://www.sternmate.com/

http://sternsaver.com/
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    Thanks guys.

I don't have quick access to poly board and didn't have enough time to wait for a stern saver to ship...so I went ahead and drilled. I filled the holes with 3m 5200 and screwed into them while it was still wet. Hopefully everything sealed up solid. If I decide I need to move it, I'll have enough time to order a stern saver and cover the holes up then. Will let you know how it works out. I'm taking it for a spin on Sunday.

Good deal, let us know how it works out. As an FYI you can buy the cheap poly cutting boards at Walmart.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    If you have to move it put a board on there. I had to move mine 3 times before I got the picture I wanted out of mine. Luckily I had read and had the poly on hand for the install.