Opinions from x19 owners

Hello, I am new to the board but I need some opinions on the x19. We are currently looking for a new/new to us boat for my upcoming college tournaments. I believe we have narrowed down our decision to a new 2017 x19 with a 175 SHO or looking for a mid to late 2000 model glass boat in the 20-21' class with a 200+hp. My school is located on the coast, so that is a major plus for the Xpress because i can fish the salt and tournament fish. If we go with a glass boat, I will have to go with friends in salt water. I guess I am asking if I am giving up much with the x19 in tournaments compared to a bigger glass boat.

Thanks guys.

2. Member
    You will gain more than you lose with the X19.

3. Member
    Get the 200 instead of 175,I have a basscat jag and a x19 Xpress.i am surprised at how well the x rides and fishes,if I had got a 200 hp instead of a 150 I think I would fish the x more than my jag.the x fishes shallow,don’t have to worry about scratching it,easy to trailer,I love it.only down side is rod storage and the trailer it comes on suck other than that they’re great.

I would get a used x19 with a 200 and use the savings for setting it up with dual talons(or poles), an ultrex and graphs.
    '06 Xpress X19 TS | 150 Yamaha VMAX

5. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    The X19 will surprise you. Really nice ride even in rough water, very comfortable to fish out off, lots of room.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

6. Member
    All I know is I like my Xpress. Don't see any reason you would not like it . I have the 200 so don't know about the 150 are 175
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

7. Member
    Thanks for the info guys. We’ve looked all over for a used one with a 200, but there aren’t any remotely close to us. We have a xp170 now that I love fishing out of, so I figured the x19 would do well for me. I’m pretty sure we are planning to go pick it up over my winter break

Quote Originally Posted by Ckuhn02 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. We’ve looked all over for a used one with a 200, but there aren’t any remotely close to us. We have a xp170 now that I love fishing out of, so I figured the x19 would do well for me. I’m pretty sure we are planning to go pick it up over my winter break
    It pay's to wait

One will pop up

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
    Get the 200 instead of 175,I have a basscat jag and a x19 Xpress.i am surprised at how well the x rides and fishes,if I had got a 200 hp instead of a 150 I think I would fish the x more than my jag.the x fishes shallow,don’t have to worry about scratching it,easy to trailer,I love it.only down side is rod storage and the trailer it comes on suck other than that they’re great.
    How is rod storage a downside? I fit plenty of rods and up to 8’ in length. Take out the tubes if you haven’t.

10. Member
    That is what the plan has been for a while, but tournaments start in February so we're running out of time
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    It pay's to wait

One will pop up

Quote Originally Posted by Ckuhn02 View Post
    That is what the plan has been for a while, but tournaments start in February so we're running out of time
    I am sure one will pop up between now and January, if possible expand your search and travel to get it.

Also, have you considered a used X-21?

12. Member
    I have taken the tubes out,I’m probably spoiled by the jags rod storage but I can’t imagine 8 ft rods going in and out without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
    I have taken the tubes out,I’m probably spoiled by the jags rod storage but I can’t imagine 8 ft rods going in and out without problems.
    Mine holds a 7'11'' no problem

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSide View Post
    I am sure one will pop up between now and January, if possible expand your search and travel to get it.

Also, have you considered a used X-21?
    We will continue to look, there just doesn’t seem to be many used out there. We have considered a used x21 as well, but it has been the same issue with finding one

15. Member
    I have an X19 with 150..(55 mph tournament load 3 people).I bought a 2013 model when it was a year old..over the past 3 years I captained my son's High school tournaments ...He and his partner placed in most of tournaments..Last season they made to the nationals on Kentucky Lake.. We ran from Paris Landing almost to New Johnsonville each day.It was ruff but you learn how to manage it..The X19 fits my budget..I would not trade it for anything else..Some the tournaments we had 60 mile round trips..For shallow water this hull pops right up
    i moved all our rods(rod socks a must) to the left side of boat using center and right side compartments for tackle and everything else...Hope you find one..Good luck fishing this year

16. Member
    X-19 with a 175 is plenty for any tourney. I just out a 175 pro xs on mine down from a 200 efi and I do not notice much difference. I also run two talons
    2013 Xpress X19

17. Member
    I had a x19 with 200 sho. I ordered it brand new. Sold it a year later and got back in a glass boat. Only thing I liked about it was the sho. Go with the glass boat. Ride, fit and finish, and quality will be much better.
    2021 caymas cx21

18. Member
    Here’s you a picture of mine. Twin poles, F200, 3 31 series AGM’s and over 20 gallons of gas.
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Member
    Thanks again guys, this was helpful in our decision. We ended up getting a 2018 x19 with a 175 sho. Fished my first college tournament Saturday and finished 61st out of 188 boats. Not the finish we were looking for, but a decent start to the season.

20. Member
    Congrats on the boat and tournament.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO