Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RIP -April 30,2023

Hydro-tec/CB Marine project Super SHO

ive seen several comments about Hydro-Tec and Nizpro so i wanted to make a post just so everyone knows. This project has NOTHING to do with Nizpro in no shape, form or fashion and Hydro-Tec will NOT be involved with their supercharger. Nizpro has their deal going and we have ours. We are going to test the Super SHO very soon again and will let everyone know hp/torque and pricing. the first round of dyno and water testing went extremely well considering the bad weather conditions. We ran 113 @ 6500 with a 32 p3 and 1.62 sporty on Waynes Stroker. Also, Hydro-Tec has made 354hp just with an ecu tune. They also have some cylinder head work they are doing which they are pretty excited about. those hp numbers arent available yet but stay tuned.

2. Member
    Good running Bailey!!!! Super SHO!!! I can dig it.

what was done to the Super SHO ? Just ECU tune?

3. Member

Great stuff Chris, Wayne and the rest of the HT crew!!! Looking forward to hearing specs on the "Phase" stuff for the SHO, and what all is done to the monster that you have been piloting. Head work sounds awesome... we used to make some really good gains with head work on Yamaha sport bikes.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

5. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    We will be waiting and watching for SHO.

Sounds great Chris !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

7. Member
    Now we just need Wayne and crew to figure out a Short Shaft for the Super Sho. SSSSho would be a heck of a combo. 6500 rpm isn’t too far above the factory limit.

8. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    Last edited by StrokerSmoker; 12-06-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Are you planning on doing a loaded run? Loaded to me is a partner, 20+ rods all tackle, cooler full of drinks/snacks, spare prop, basic tools, rain gear, full tank of gas, full livewell's, trolling motor, 3 to 4 batteries and power poles. I know its not possible to make a run with everything I listed because not all fisherman have power poles but, I think the rest is a realistic expectation of what a loaded rig is.
    Last edited by K-DAWG; 12-07-2017 at 07:40 AM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    Now we just need Wayne and crew to figure out a Short Shaft for the Super Sho. SSSSho would be a heck of a combo. 6500 rpm isn’t too far above the factory limit.
    A SHO with a sportmaster is already an inch shorter than with the stock gearcase.

11. RIP -April 30,2023
    I doubt I will. I care about fishing loaded numbers as much as hardcore tourney fishermen care about running without a tm. Others may do it. Boat did have all the batteries in it and if I had to guess, the heaviest it’s ever been with a driver minus the tm. There is a certain amount of ballast the boat needs to run those numbers. Even when I’m fishing a tourney, my boat isn’t heavier than when I make a speed run, minus the troller of course. I just take ballast out and put fishing equipment in. Weight is weight

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    Are you planning on doing a loaded run? Loaded to me is a partner, 20+ rods all tackle, cooler full of drinks/snacks, spare prop, basic tools, rain gear, full tank of gas, full livewell's, trolling motor, 3 to 4 batteries and power poles. I know its not possible to make a run with everything I listed because not all fisherman have power poles but, I think the rest is a realistic expectation of what a loaded rig is.

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    I doubt I will. I care about fishing loaded numbers as much as hardcore tourney fishermen care about running without a tm. Others may do it. Boat did have all the batteries in it and if I had to guess, the heaviest it’s ever been with a driver minus the tm. There is a certain amount of ballast the boat needs to run those numbers. Even when I’m fishing a tourney, my boat isn’t heavier than when I make a speed run, minus the troller of course. I just take ballast out and put fishing equipment in. Weight is weight

So we will never really know how that bass boat runs loaded to bass fish? You fellas should just empty them out and make an all out speed run. Wonder if you could get to 120 without batteries and just enough ballast to keep her level in flight? 113 mph is cooking hno matter how its loaded. Stay safe

13. RIP -April 30,2023
    the first person the buys the phase kit can run loaded to fish if they choose. im just not. there is no reason to remove the batteries because we would just have to put the same weight right back in the boat so might as well, leave them in there. i dont know anything about the allison setup. you might can remove the batteries and go faster. im sure the center steer allys, you can but not the case with a stroker. you can not go fast without the boat being balanced and that takes alot of ballast for me.

Quote Originally Posted by K-DAWG View Post
    So we will never really know how that bass boat runs loaded to bass fish? You fellas should just empty them out and make an all out speed run. Wonder if you could get to 120 without batteries and just enough ballast to keep her level in flight? 113 mph is cooking hno matter how its loaded. Stay safe

14. RIP -April 30,2023
    the only way i know of that a stroker could be faster with the batteries removed is if the driver weighs less the batteries. then i could see removing the tm battery(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cbailey View Post
    the first person the buys the phase kit can run loaded to fish if they choose. im just not. there is no reason to remove the batteries because we would just have to put the same weight right back in the boat so might as well, leave them in there. i dont know anything about the allison setup. you might can remove the batteries and go faster. im sure the center steer allys, you can but not the case with a stroker. you can not go fast without the boat being balanced and that takes alot of ballast for me.
    On the X21's balance seems to be far more important in my testing. Lighter may be quicker acceleration wise but an unbalanced boat is not always faster IMO.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

16. RIP -April 30,2023
    i agree. we could unload it and get a fast short time run but we got to have weight to string it out.

Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    On the X21's balance seems to be far more important in my testing. Lighter may be quicker acceleration wise but an unbalanced boat is not always faster IMO.

I agree. I have not removed my batteries, but I have removed all my gear and balanced my boat. I have not been able to run near my top end speed or the speed I can hit on any given day unloaded with no troller. My boat is over 2 seconds quicker in 5-85 Testing. So it is much quicker. At 93 she gets iffy. Fully loaded no issues. I’m sure with enough practice I could wrangle it in but why bother. I never run empty.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Agreed --- Up to a (certain point).. My boat for sure drives better and faster with two on board, my tackle, 4 full sized batteries and trolling mtr.. with no water in live well and about half tank of fuel..
    However you fill up the gas tank and that live well and let my partner throw in his F&@$$ fifty pounds of fishing tackle and it will not run as fast!!

19. Member
    Yup except for center steer boats 110% of drover weight is needed on passenger side.

Only on a xb2003 or xb21 prosport with center steer could be setup to be light and right

20. Member
    If you set up a XB-21 light, you better have the rest of the boat setup accordingly or you're going to turn it!
    The stock pad wants to carry a heavy ass end and mine always felt like the nose wants to drop if I was less than 1/2 tank of fuel running upper 80's. Just my experience with the two 21's I had with 100% stock pads.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast