Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sjc with XOB that was my thoughts as well. With promax prop there is so much bow lift I have to add weight to nose. My best runs have been by adding a set of skis and lawn chairs in the nose to pop the pad a bit.

Am I crazy thinking the promax prop need stern lift added to run lift or bow lift removed??? Either way

2. Member
    Could you imagine a SHO ported and polished heads and a Supercharger? Ported and polished heads would magnify supercharger gains.... it’s an air pump at heart and if the stock heads are so bad they restrict it in stock form a large amount they are really hurting the charger even more... could be insane

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xb03fs View Post
    Could you imagine a SHO ported and polished heads and a Supercharger? Ported and polished heads would magnify supercharger gains.... it’s an air pump at heart and if the stock heads are so bad they restrict it in stock form a large amount they are really hurting the charger even more... could be insane
    And one would have to be insane to run it.

4. Member
    Yup. Probably be 500 plus hp. Would need a gentle foot

6. aka Strokedyamaha StrokerSmoker's Avatar
    No the Stroker handles all that hp just fine no need to feather it ........ 113 was a awesome starting point...I have ran my best speeds in a stroker with a troller on..on several different strokers including this one....my black stroker would run 110 with 2 tournament loaded and 111 ready to fish with 30 rods and 100lbs of tackle they don't slow down much adding weight as some THINK.....I ran a 34 pitch prop on my old 3.3 stock tune for years and the hole shot was poor what???.... poor with a 34 whattt???? lol.... now that the rev limiter is moved I am ready to play the 0-100 game with any one of those xb-21s...lol....WAGs showed me a thing or 2

Hi performance parts or a Yamaha power head visit
    Hydro-Tec's web site @ http://www.yamaha-rebuild.com/
    Paul Hottman Hydro-Tec's Pro staff since 1998

7. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    I am ready to play the 0-100 game with any one of those xb-21s...lol....WAGs showed me a thing or 2
    With that much horsepower, I would hope so......
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

That Yellow Stroker of yours is as good a looking boat as I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by StrokerSmoker View Post
    No the Stroker handles all that hp just fine no need to feather it ........ 113 was a awesome starting point...I have ran my best speeds in a stroker with a troller on..on several different strokers including this one....my black stroker would run 110 with 2 tournament loaded and 111 ready to fish with 30 rods and 100lbs of tackle they don't slow down much adding weight as some THINK.....I ran a 34 pitch prop on my old 3.3 stock tune for years and the hole shot was poor what???.... poor with a 34 whattt???? lol.... now that the rev limiter is moved I am ready to play the 0-100 game with any one of those xb-21s...lol....WAGs showed me a thing or 2

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    ain't that the truth!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Powell View Post
    Takes a lot of mods for a Yamaha to run with stock Mercury no matter what it’s pushing an xb21 or a stroker, even with a mercury lower as part of the package

Wonder if the 400 R would be cheaper

3 year factory warranty to boot

11. Member
    Just stab it and steer it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12