Heading to Lamar in a few weeks and bringing the boat

I'm going down to the Lamar area to visit the girlfriends family for the holidays and I'm going to bring the boat with. I've fished all the little farm ponds and irrigation lakes around the area and had fun with bass and craps but none are boat accessible unfortunately. I was looking at Lake Lamar, Bushwhacker and Stockton but was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for other bass boat accessible waters for crappies and bass? I'd be will willing to trade spots/areas up by me in Wisconsin as well.

Thank you all in advance.
    2018 Nitro Z21

I'm better than you
    http://www.facebook.com/vincent.hytry

Go to Stockton

3. Member
    Go to crappie.com, Missouri forums. Look for recent posts, looks like they are catching some real nice crappie. You can download brushpile waypoints at MDC.com. Good luck!!

Don

Stockton would be my bet also.
    lower half of the lake is great for smallies also

Quote Originally Posted by doroger View Post
    Go to crappie.com, Missouri forums. Look for recent posts, looks like they are catching some real nice crappie. You can download brushpile waypoints at MDC.com. Good luck!!

Don
    Thank you! This definitely helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Stockton would be my bet also.
    lower half of the lake is great for smallies also
    I'll definitely be hitting Stockton it's only about a 1.5 hour drive.

7. Banned
    Should be under an hour from Lamar. One thing about Stockton is watch for a north or south wind as it gets very choppy. Lots of smallmouth and walleye, I don't crappie fish much but they are plentiful too.

Quote Originally Posted by d'Wayne View Post
    Should be under an hour from Lamar. One thing about Stockton is watch for a north or south wind as it gets very choppy. Lots of smallmouth and walleye, I don't crappie fish much but they are plentiful too.
    That's great to hear about the brown fish. That is what I primarily target up by me if I have the choice so it will be fun to have a change of scenery.

9. Member
    Stockon is a very scenic lake that has quality fish.

Well thought I'd let you guys know how I did. Fished the 23 and 24th of December and absolutely crushed the bass and crappies it was a blast! Had two bass right at 7 and many 3 to 5 pound fish. They really liked the duo Realis deep jerkbait and Hogfarmer arigs. I did not bring the boat due to weather so I shore banged and fished only the dam side or deepest side of each body of water. The fish were very concentrated as expected! Then 2 days later everything was frozen and my fishing dreams vanished. Should've brought some ice gear and marked off ice fishing in southern Missouri.

11. Member

USA

Congrats! Where did you end up fishing?

Well my gfs family owns a large farm and knows everyone in the county so I was fortunate enough to fish pretty much every private irrigation lake and farm I wanted. One of them Stacey King fishes often and found out he is friends of the family lol

Can't wait to go back in a few months!