Thread: Innovation

Innovation

So what is the innovation in the Vexus boat company? What is going to be different?
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

2. Member

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    So what is the innovation in the Vexus boat company? What is going to be different?
    I was wondering the same. Almost sounds like they are teasing a new manufacturing process similar to pulltrusion. That was a game changer. So if its anything as game changing as that it will be big.
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

4. Member
    Ranger touts its patented processes. It will be interesting to see if new intellectual property lawsuits are filed vs. Vexus or if they are really innovative.

5. Member
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that most of this talk is about their aluminum line. Probably automobile type parts stamping machines and stuff, maybe machine welders like an auto assembly line. That would be my guess

6. Member
    Pultrusion is not only used by Ranger, BCB uses compressed Fiberglass in their Boats, some Use COOSA, but others use Compressed Glass, Ranger tints theirs Green, but compare the Thickness they use to Others, youd be shocked on how Thin it is

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaFox76 View Post
    Pultrusion is not only used by Ranger, BCB uses compressed Fiberglass in their Boats, some Use COOSA, but others use Compressed Glass, Ranger tints theirs Green, but compare the Thickness they use to Others, youd be shocked on how Thin it is
    But how strong it is too. Thin and strong is a good thing, right?
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

8. Banned
    A 10-15% premium over the current market prices.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say that most of this talk is about their aluminum line. Probably automobile type parts stamping machines and stuff, maybe machine welders like an auto assembly line. That would be my guess
    I was thinking the same thing. Pad hull would be my guess in the inovation statement.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by texoma View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Pad hull would be my guess in the inovation statement.
    Yea. Don't forget these guys had just restarted the ranger tin line and the 198 had a pad type hull.

11. Member
    With a nicely appointed (2 HDS 12s and Power Poles) Ranger 520 at $84K (actual cost of one just delivered to a friend), I can't wait to see a 20ft Vexus cost.

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Yea. Don't forget these guys had just restarted the ranger tin line and the 198 had a pad type hull.
    and they are selling a bunch of them
    721 ​ProXp

13. Member
    Going to use Darris’ cast pad for aluminum boats patent or has the time lapsed on that?