Got my Gator baks on ....

the trailer and have off loaded and loaded twice. I am still gun-shy on unhooking the bow til I'm right at waters edge. However, all has gone well so far and by the time I get home there's no water on the man cave floor from dripping carpet. Even if you are not thinking about a change you should inspect your bunk attachment screws and feel boards for integrity. My trailer is 13 yrs old and one of the long bunks was rotted at the middle connection and the lag screws had fallen out. I could push the wood in around the screw holes with my finger. I may have just dodged a bullet. Tight lines........G

2. mikesxpress
    Garland how about some install pic's???

Sorry didn't take any during the process. Took a friend to handle the boat while the swap was done then put the boat back on. There wasn't a drop of water on my garage floor next morning like from the old carpet.

4. Member
    I had a board with a soft spot and bunk was only 3 years old. When I put on my bunks I went out of my way to get some cyprus wood in hopes it would not rot out quickly. Most guys I know have to replace bunks at about 7 years because of rot.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947