Restoring finish on trailer wheels

I bought a trailer with chrome wheels that the previous owner had spray painted some chrome paint on them. They are dull now and i would like to remove the paint and shine them back up. What would be the best method to restore the shine? There is also a little rust around the bolts that i would like to get rid of. Thx for the help.

2. Member
    Paint stripper for paint, then scrub rust with aluminum foil and regular Coke.

If the OEM chrome steel wheels, once chrome is flaked off and bare steel rusts, unless have re chromed not much can do. If aluminum can be polished and buff out . Mines 1989 OEM Chrome Steel, but have kept them clean n waxed for 27 years lolo. Spare still New as Never Used , but it had new tires mounted due to age a few times, still never been used or mounted on trailer. Take it with of course but it rides in back seat of truck when go to lake. Boat Trailer park spots always prime targets for the sticky finger even back in old days

If you can get the surface nice and smooth, you might look into having them powder coated. That's what I did with mine, and I love the way they look. They also clean up with a microfiber towel real easy.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X