Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Years ago we used to pull a lot of them out of the big brush piles in Rush Creek just outside the marina and along the bank towards the back of the creek. Don't know if there is still brush in there but if there is you have a gold mine close to you.

Yep , the twins were small , so that would of been about 10 yrs ago..

3. Member
    Buddy from Wichita called today and said Elk City lake in the river is getting hot right now, never been there but might go Sunday he says El Dorado is still a little slow. Tourney at Clinton this weekend, i'll be shocked if it doesn't take 10 pounds in 7 fish to win it. Perry is good right now and lots of fish getting caught but you will need to wade through about 100 small ones to get 20 good ones. I'm going to Pomona Thursday or Friday and a bud who lives at the lake says it is on now also. Baits that are working for us are 2 1/2 inch stingers, 3 inch slab slayers, and once in awhile twiddlers in Blu/chart, Purple/chart, punkinseed/chart and the best is white/chart. Most fish are being caught in 18 to 20 ft near brush on breaklines or channel edges. If i can ever figure out how to post waypoints in a file i will give everyone some waypoints to keep you busy for years!! They will be in Lowrance format so you will have to figure out how to convert them yourself if your running them other brands.

We're headed to Fall River in the Morning

5. Member
    Sometime if you've got room enough I would like to go with you. Don't wanna go by myself anymore - Age is starting to creep up on me, and if you have problems by yourself, you've really got problems

Sure Thing ,,, We didn't go this morning,, I'm having some medication issues , plus I had a spot on my hand that I must of bumped... woke up at 2 am with blood everywhere.. then at around 8 am I smacked my elbow and liked to never got it to stop bleeding.. Damn the bad luck..

7. Member
    just let me know

8. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Buddy from Wichita called today and said Elk City lake in the river is getting hot right now, never been there but might go Sunday he says El Dorado is still a little slow. Tourney at Clinton this weekend, i'll be shocked if it doesn't take 10 pounds in 7 fish to win it. Perry is good right now and lots of fish getting caught but you will need to wade through about 100 small ones to get 20 good ones. I'm going to Pomona Thursday or Friday and a bud who lives at the lake says it is on now also. Baits that are working for us are 2 1/2 inch stingers, 3 inch slab slayers, and once in awhile twiddlers in Blu/chart, Purple/chart, punkinseed/chart and the best is white/chart. Most fish are being caught in 18 to 20 ft near brush on breaklines or channel edges. If i can ever figure out how to post waypoints in a file i will give everyone some waypoints to keep you busy for years!! They will be in Lowrance format so you will have to figure out how to convert them yourself if your running them other brands.
    Remember you are talking to a bunch of green carp fishermen here. Most of what you just said is way over their heads. We barely know where the power button is on our units let alone be able to find a break line with brush on it in 18 fow!

Let me break it down.

Ifin y'all wanna catch some of dem dare croppie yoo gotta get up
    off da couch. Loook at yoor fish finder deal when yoor on da wata. See where dat bottom drops from one depth to another? Now
    look fur some funny lookin gob of stuff on dat depth change. Yoor gettin close to findun croppie. Putcha one of dem dare plastuc jeegs on an dropper down on top of dat glob of stuff. Wait fur yoor ya to feel a little thump. Den pull up and reelz yoor fish in.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Remember you are talking to a bunch of green carp fishermen here. Most of what you just said is way over their heads. We barely know where the power button is on our units let alone be able to find a break line with brush on it in 18 fow!

Let me break it down.

Ifin y'all wanna catch some of dem dare croppie yoo gotta get up
    off da couch. Loook at yoor fish finder deal when yoor on da wata. See where dat bottom drops from one depth to another? Now
    look fur some funny lookin gob of stuff on dat depth change. Yoor gettin close to findun croppie. Putcha one of dem dare plastuc jeegs on an dropper down on top of dat glob of stuff. Wait fur yoor ya to feel a little thump. Den pull up and reelz yoor fish in.
    Everyone tells me i have a funny accent like that.

dang Jack that is some funny chit right there

Has anyone been to La Cygne? Might go on Wed.

Crappie were on fire today , caught over 100, brought home 76 that were 10 - 12".. everything was caught on a 2" Pink and white tube

13. Member

Headed back after them today..

Post some pics Melvin

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishingstud View Post
    Crappie were on fire today , caught over 100, brought home 76 that were 10 - 12".. everything was caught on a 2" Pink and white tube

only brought home 28 keepers today , caught around 40 and a Doz. white bass.

18. Member
    Keep me in mind

19. Member
    Went out today had my limit of fish within 3 hrs 4 ov r 15 in and 3 over 14 in all the rest were between 11.5 and 13 fun to get out before the cold front comes in

Someone needs to teach me some winter crappie. Sounds fun
    Last edited by Jesse-C; 12-25-2017 at 01:14 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast