Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

has anyone been catching..........

anything or killing anything

They have been killing deer down here. With riffles and vehicles.

Caught a few LM on Friday. All dinks though.

4. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Been killing time. That's about it aside from a few geese.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by H2O_Fowl View Post
    Been killing time. That's about it aside from a few geese.
    Hope your doing well!! If you get time after the first of the year and you want to make a day of it for crappie, let me know, always a spot in the boat for you. Gonna try my hand at some Bass fishing next spring at Lake Shawnee to learn some techniques and things, might need your expertise for that foray into the unknown, gonna pick Casey's brain too.

Been catching some crappies

7. Member
    Been catching some crappie in farm ponds -------but it's kind of a hit and miss thing. Caught 20 nice crappie last Wednesday - Thursday I caught 5 in about the same amount of time.

let's keep this post going and insert some pictures of the kills and fish. to be honest i've shot 1 duck this year, think i'm gonna go fishing instead of hunting

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Hope your doing well!! If you get time after the first of the year and you want to make a day of it for crappie, let me know, always a spot in the boat for you. Gonna try my hand at some Bass fishing next spring at Lake Shawnee to learn some techniques and things, might need your expertise for that foray into the unknown, gonna pick Casey's brain too.
    Anytime!

10. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I'll take you up on that offer! I sure miss the old days of "the livewell" message board. I look back on those times with fond memories. I wonder what it would take to start that back up?

I sure miss the old days of "the livewell" message board. I look back on those times with fond memories. I wonder what it would take to start that back up?[/QUOTE]

We Just Need to Get Bulldog back on Here

Caught some nice smallies and largemouth last Sun. at Coffee County. Thomas Heinen put some nice pictures of our catch on facebook.

13. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    I bet before this cold front came through that a guy coulda tore up some largemouth down at melvern. When I fished a bunch I'd always go down there in warm fall/early winter months and fish the state park where the channel runs against the bank, to the north is a nice channel swing where it goes kinda back out away from the bank. A nice little rocky point is there and to the north of that point is a shallow flat. They would sometimes stack up right there and a slow rolled blade worked well then go back through with one a fitzwater finesse jig with trailer and pick up the less aggressive fish before heading to the next spot.

14. BBC SPONSOR
    I have been deer hunting some. Shot a good one with my bow. I need to get after the fishing now.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

15. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    I have been deer hunting some. Shot a good one with my bow. I need to get after the fishing now.
    No- we need to go quail hunting! And when everything freezes up you can come up here and hunt mallards with my on my river lease.

Jeff Nolte shot this one close to Moran Sat.

thumbnail 12.jpg

very nice buck

Couple of Friends caught 50 Nice Crappies Yesterday , We're going Wednesday if the wind is right..

19. Member
    Got around 30 yesterday at Clinton, couple buddies kept the twelve biggest of the day.

been years since i ate crappie, if i remember it right it was at the rally on grand lake when Melvin cooked them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast