mk fortex 80 lb power button sticking

like the title say the push botton is sticking when i take my foot off it it will continue to run, i have to step on the button again for it to stop. what do i need to do

2. Member
    Replace the spring under the push button and keep the elephant of the off the foot pedal.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Replace the spring under the push button and keep the elephant of the off the foot pedal.
    Times when you wish there was a "like" button
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Thanks. Is that the only thing that can cause it to stick where Can I pick one up at. A auto store ?

5. Member
    I had the same problem with my Fortrex a few months ago. The little reed switch in mine had become sticky. I took my button and switch loose and there were times that I could move the magnet close to the switch to engage it and when I would move the magnet away it would still stay running. Since it was under warranty I took it to my local ASC and he replaced the reed switch in the pedal.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZhouNi View Post
    Thanks. Is that the only thing that can cause it to stick where Can I pick one up at. A auto store ?
    The switch is magnet activated. Sometimes the switch will "hang" as stated in the above post. Most of the times it is because the spring (you can get them from an ASC) has become soft and not allowing the button to return normally so it still has a magnetic contact with the reed. If it is a reed problem, you can remove the button (there is a clip under the footpedal that lets you remove the button) and place a magnetic screwdriver over the reed. This will engage the motor. Removal of the magnet should turn the motor off. If it doesn't the reed needs replacing. We sell and ship these parts.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]