Thread: New Boat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not Banned

New Boat

Should be ready Thursday or Friday. 2018 G3 Sportsman 19 with the Yamaha F150 motor. Boat has a Lowrance 5" GPS in dash and a smaller one up front... I bought 2 of the Helix 9 SI GPS Models to put on when I get it home and break the motor in and find the waterline. Dealer had to order a 8' power pole for the port side. Also had to swap out motors... it had the SHO on it. Decided to go with the grey motor after researching it and the SHO. Everything I read points to them being almost bulletproof.

I think you will be happy with that boat. I looked hard at a G3 but the people did not want to deal on the boat at all......it was almost like they didn't care if they sold one and the dealer was out of town too. Later I found a used G3 at a Ranger dealer that I liked and went home to think it over ------ then went back to try to cut a deal the very next afternoon and it was sold.

I have a couple of buddies with them that are very happy with the boat. They quit making one I really liked... I think it was called a 185.

I have always like their boats and would not feel bad at all owning one. Nice choice. I would have put the gray F series on it too.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

3. Not Banned
    From what I'm reading you give up a little midrange torque and a couple mph on top with the grey vs SHO. I ran my Skeeter usually 45-50 mph anyways so the speed loss doesn't bother me. Once every couple trips I'd run the Skeeter up to 68-70 and try to burn the carbon off but it was only enough to heat the motor up good.

Feels good to be going back to aluminum. Nothing wrong with glass but it's so much easier to run aluminum. I fished twice as much out my aluminum as I with glass. I was always worried I'd scratch it or something having to dock it or beach it when I am alone. The only mark on the Skeeter came from a dock when i tied off.

Congrats! If you picked it out I am sure you will like it. Haven't heard of too many guys buying a boat and not liking it. Sounds like you did quite a bit of research before buying and it wasn't an impulse purchase.
    Not been around and G3 boats, but the guys that have them seem to like them.
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

Congrats on the new boat. I remember when you asked about the F motor and SHO. Those F motors are so dependable I don’t think you could ever go wrong with one. Now what I would hate to hear in the future that your motor explodes. I’d hate to hear the names you would call all of us who recommended it.😂 I going to hope that Yamaha’s reputation saves our bacon.🤣🤣

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

6. Not Banned
    I hope it's as reliable as it's reputation says it is. I got the 3 year standard and 3 year add on YES warranty so 6 years total warranty.

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Please post some pix when you get her, sounds real nice...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

8. Member
    I think I posted this on another thread a few days ago but you do not see much on g3 boats on this forum but they are real popular around these parts. Particularly with the meat getters.

9. Banned

10. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Pics

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverFox View Post
    Should be ready Thursday or Friday. 2018 G3 Sportsman 19 with the Yamaha F150 motor. Boat has a Lowrance 5" GPS in dash and a smaller one up front... I bought 2 of the Helix 9 SI GPS Models to put on when I get it home and break the motor in and find the waterline. Dealer had to order a 8' power pole for the port side. Also had to swap out motors... it had the SHO on it. Decided to go with the grey motor after researching it and the SHO. Everything I read points to them being almost bulletproof.
    Congrats!! I almost bought the same boat but wood-free construction was a deal breaker for me.

12. Member
    Congratulations. With G3 being owned by Yamaha, they are solid. Airport sells them, so I've looked at them extensively. The CC boats are righteous. I'm still suspicious of .100 gauge tin with the big motors.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

13. Not Banned
    I don't have any pics of it. It's ready now and I will probably go pick it up this evening. If I don't forget I will snap a few photos then. The washing machine quit last night so I had to go buy one this morning. Sucks because they can't deliver it until Saturday. Maybe I will get the break in done this weekend. Supposed to be 40 for a high and in the 20s for lows.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Original Tin View Post
    Congrats!! I almost bought the same boat but wood-free construction was a deal breaker for me.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

Thats pretty good. in all seriousness congrats that sounds like a very nice rig hope it serves you well.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverFox View Post
    I don't have any pics of it. It's ready now and I will probably go pick it up this evening. If I don't forget I will snap a few photos then. The washing machine quit last night so I had to go buy one this morning. Sucks because they can't deliver it until Saturday. Maybe I will get the break in done this weekend. Supposed to be 40 for a high and in the 20s for lows.
    I would go get it now and put it in the garage.

Then you can go out and hug it and pet it and smell the new boat smell in it and set in it and look at it and set in the drivers seat and grab the steering wheel and pretend you are driving it and flip the switches on and off and on and off and set in the fishing seats and spin around and you can look in the boxes and look in the live wells and look at the batteries and look under the seats and in the glove box and under the consoles and you can look at the motor and spin the prop and check out the trailer and the tires and wheels and the jack and you can swing the tongue back and forth and.........well at least that is what I did............
    2017 Ranger RT188, Dual Console, Crystal Red Metallic, Mercury 115 Pro XS Four Stroke, Command Thrust with Tempest 24P, 52 MPH GPS @ 5200 RPM
    Motor Guide 80 lb Xi5 Pin Point/GPS , Lowrance HDS 7 w/Totalscan @ Console, Lowrance Elite 7 TI @ Bow; Romans 6:23

18. Not Banned
    Almost forgot to take the pics. It's amazing what a 4yr old little boy will cause you to forget. Pulled in the Church down the road and about forgot why I was stopping. Atley climbed all over it at least 50 times while the salesman was trying to explain the details to me. He had to spend another 10 minutes in it when we got home. He named it "Atley's Frosty Snowman." He will change it at least 5 times before mom gets home. I'll get to check it out when he goes to bed. I don't know how to make the pics bigger using the uploaded here. Sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images

19. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Congrats on your new rig!!!!!
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax

20. Not Banned
    Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast