Thread: 21 phx wow

21 phx wow

I was able to get my new Phoenix out before winter officially kicks in and all I can say is wow. First off I love the Verado. The boat is huge but responds like a smaller boat while fishing. Tons of storage. Storage is very important to us because we take camping gear with us and camp out on lake Powell. The thing that impressed me the most was the ride. Smooth is an understatement. Barely any chine walk even at 72. The wind ended up kicking up yesterday at least 20-30 mph constant. There was 2 or 3 foot rollers and once I got brave was doing 60mph over them like they weren't even there. In every other boat I've ever been in you would hit some waves at that height you'd get you balls slapped and your kidneys punched at 40. And the best thing is we caught some really nice fish.

2. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Sounds like fun! Would like to ride in one with a Vrod. I almost got one on my 921 pro xp, but went with the SHO.
    No regrets, she hauls!

3. Member
    What prop are you running

4. Member
    It came with a 25 pitch fury 3. Although I would like to try a 25 fury 4.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TYvII View Post
    I've ran the fury 4 25 on an xs. It's a couple mph slower but the midrange is improved as is the speed in turns. Has too much stern lift. Rougher ride. No chine or torque. Good with a load.

Congrats and great to hear your report!

2013 Phoenix 721 ProXP

8. Member
    I run a 25p fury 4 on my 18 PHX and love it. No chine walk can drive with 1 finger on the wheel to 73 and jumps out of the hole

9. Member
    Hey gatorsin09 did it seem to affect the ride? Cfrench mentioned it was rougher.

10. Member
    The 921 PHX will run over 3-4 footers like butter as I have done it myself with the 250 SHO. It's not the fastest boat in the fleet of Birds but hands down will run better in the big stuff.

11. Member
    Hey gatorsin09 did it seem to affect the ride? Cfrench mentioned it was rougher.
    Further explanation:
    The prop basically has increased lift which can make the back end seem "loose." It's only the last 1-2 mph though. Coming up on the plate can get rid of most of that too but getting that last little bit it's a little loose in the tail. Boat still rides great but it's a stiffer ride overall as the prop seems to have better bite through the waves. You could drop the motor and slow down and it would likely be great. Fury 3 is the best overall prop but I like the 4 for summer, night, smaller lakes. Both great choices. Either prop you can hurt a lot of feelings if the wind is blowing.

Id love to cut just a little of the bell off the barrel of the Fury4 and take just a touch of cup out and see what happens but I'm scared to touch it.
    Last edited by Cfrench085; 12-08-2017 at 07:28 PM.

12. Member
    Mine doesn't seem loose at all with the fury 4.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    I run a 25p fury 4 on my 18 PHX and love it. No chine walk can drive with 1 finger on the wheel to 73 and jumps out of the hole
    I’m assuming you are running a 10” hydraulic Atlas. When you look at your jackplate, what do you have it set on? I’m looking for a rough starting point after break in.
    Last edited by starkcontrast; 12-12-2017 at 09:52 PM.