Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    BHT&Chillymac,
    I just ordered 2 Nrx's from Tackle trap last week. One of them is the 893C! Gary gives a great discount to members year round on the Loomis's and does price match other retailers sale prices! I also own a Kistler HE3 7'3H xfast casting rod too! The Kistler rod I mention might be exactly what you want though. It's very light. Nice tip. It's right between an NRX893c and Nrx894 in power. It is ridiculously sensitive. It's 269 dollars but Kistler had a Black Friday sale and gave 30% off. And if you contact them they might give you a good deal on one. Maybe 20% to 25% off. I also own a bunch of the new Loomis GLX's(842,843,853,844 and dsr822). The Kistler is probably between the GLX and Nrx in sensitivity! And it's half the cost!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB5.0 View Post
    BHT&Chillymac,
    I just ordered 2 Nrx's from Tackle trap last week. One of them is the 893C! Gary gives a great discount to members year round on the Loomis's and does price match other retailers sale prices! I also own a Kistler HE3 7'3H xfast casting rod too! The Kistler rod I mention might be exactly what you want though. It's very light. Nice tip. It's right between an NRX893c and Nrx894 in power. It is ridiculously sensitive. It's 269 dollars but Kistler had a Black Friday sale and gave 30% off. And if you contact them they might give you a good deal on one. Maybe 20% to 25% off. I also own a bunch of the new Loomis GLX's(842,843,853,844 and dsr822). The Kistler is probably between the GLX and Nrx in sensitivity! And it's half the cost!
    agree. My only add is that I think the HE3 7'3 is more powerful then the 894. Somehow the HE3 blank seems to load a little slower on a hookset until you get into the backbone then best hook set I've felt with braid. When I tested the HE3 vs 894 with a 1.5oz weight the NRX bent more. I was totally confused. To say the HE3 blank is interesting and great is an understatement. I can work a hard body frog with it great. That may be this rods true calling though for pitching it is confirmed as outstanding.
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by davidsa View Post
    agree. My only add is that I think the HE3 7'3 is more powerful then the 894. Somehow the HE3 blank seems to load a little slower on a hookset until you get into the backbone then best hook set I've felt with braid. When I tested the HE3 vs 894 with a 1.5oz weight the NRX bent more. I was totally confused. To say the HE3 blank is interesting and great is an understatement. I can work a hard body frog with it great. That may be this rods true calling though for pitching it is confirmed as outstanding.
    Makes for an awesome Heavy Cover Swim jig rod as well. Put up a good bag today at Lako O out of South Bay with it. Even though I got my a$$ handed to me in a tournament just a couple days before.

I said it before and Ill say it again, the HE3 is the best contact rod in its price point.
    2008 Stratos 294 XL
    2008 Evinrude etec 200 HP H.O.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by p2geo View Post
    Makes for an awesome Heavy Cover Swim jig rod as well. Put up a good bag today at Lako O out of South Bay with it. Even though I got my a$$ handed to me in a tournament just a couple days before.

I said it before and Ill say it again, the HE3 is the best contact rod in its price point.
    Geo- you taught me this! can you pm me info on your swim jig. I've got to see what kind of jig can be fished in south bay
    2024 Phoenix 818
    2024 merc 175 pro xs 3B411947

Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Give Alex at ALX a call he will give you the low down on rod technology, and get you dialed in on what you need.
    Super nice to talk and deal with. I use his rods.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12