polaris rzr flywheel

Can anyone tell me of another way to pull the flywheel on a 2011 polaris rzr 900xp? I ordered a puller from Dennis Stubblefield Sales and it would not thread on. ( 50mm x 1.5 left hand thread ). It goes on 1/2 turn and stops. Tried another one and same thing. I've looked at the threads on the flywheel and they look perfect.Need to check my one way clutch gear...having starting issues. Thanks..I'm leary of forcing the puller past where it stops in case this is the wrong puller. I called Stubblefield and they siad it was correct for my model.
    I've got money I haven't even spent yet!
    2011 Nitro Z8--200 pro xs

2. Member
    Never mind...had to force it with a hammer and small turns

3. Member
    Just saw this, but a lot of the time with these pullers they do not thread in easely. A lot of them are a fine thread and it does not take much to damage the threads. Basically double check the thread pitch and if you can chase the threads or just work the puller slowly untill you fix the threads. It sucks but yes, it is nerve racking trying to use them sometimes.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

4. Member
    Finally got all my parts to do the one way clutch change out. Is there a secret to getting the one way clutch gear(large sprocket) to mesh with the intermediate gear? The teeth will partially mesh but won't push all the way in. I remember I had a tough time getting them apart when tearing down. Don't want to crack the case.

5. Member
    Not that I am aware of. I don't recall having any real problems with it other than just working it a little to get it to fall into place.

6. Member
    This just will not go together. Polaris oem parts too. Remember I had to use a pry bar to get the old one off.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sawguy View Post
    This just will not go together. Polaris oem parts too. Remember I had to use a pry bar to get the old one off.
    I tried old intermediate with new clutch gear...no go. I tried old clutch gear with new intermediate gear...no go. Ended up using old parts...went in with a little wiggling.

8. Member
    That is not right, but I do not know why with out seeing them in person.