Thread: The Stripe...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Stripe...

But they won't have the Stripe. Been a big part of the bass boat landscape and weirdly important to me. Thoughts?

For the elegance of the Ranger stripe or the Champion arrow, as opposed to the cheesy Phoenix, Nitro, and Legend graphics. Even Basscat's bolt is a bit of a turn-off for me.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    For the elegance of the Ranger stripe or the Champion arrow, as opposed to the cheesy Phoenix, Nitro, and Legend graphics. Even Basscat's bolt is a bit of a turn-off for me.
    x2 I’d have to say I agree with ur statement. But I’m not sure I’d say the Legend or Basscat graphics are as out there as the other 2 u mentioned. Heck, I liked the old simple swoosh on Tritons before they added the lower stripe to it, and the boat I own now has that lower stripe. But everyone’s got different taste and that’s why they’re not all same.

If they were all one solid color with no names or graphics they would all look the same from afar. How would you guys know which brands are inferior and cheesy when youre on the lake?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Just throwing this out there...i would take a guess and think that the symbol in their name will be incorperated into the side of the boat somehow.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

6. Member
    Like the old Ventures!

Quote Originally Posted by cwilt View Post
    Just throwing this out there...i would take a guess and think that the symbol in their name will be incorperated into the side of the boat somehow.
    Like a big "V" on the side of the boat, where each side of the letter looks like a woman's leg?

Well. maybe not.

8. Banned
    Like a big "V" on the side of the boat, where each side of the letter looks like a woman's leg?

Well. maybe not.
    Like the now defunct Zephyr?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    If they were all one solid color with no names or graphics they would all look the same from afar. How would you guys know which brands are inferior and cheesy when youre on the lake?
    Simple, listen for the slapping=Skeeter, cutting people off=Ranger, Matching jerseys and tons of decals=Nitro, spearing waves=Triton.

10. Banned
    Chessy LOL what's elegant about upside down hockey sticks. Nothing says elegance like our bow wings...So there :-). Yeah I know I insulted Ranger I'm sure I will be burnt at the stake like a heretic.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBug View Post
    Chessy LOL what's elegant about upside down hockey sticks. Nothing says elegance like our bow wings...So there :-). Yeah I know I insulted Ranger I'm sure I will be burnt at the stake like a heretic.
    Don't worry, the only reason they don't like the wings is because they have to look at them all the time as we go by and pull away

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Don't worry, the only reason they don't like the wings is because they have to look at them all the time as we go by and pull away
    Awe ha!! words of truth cheers fellow birdman

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    For a tournament guy's perspective, that sounds great!

Would rather it be a solid color than a cheesy Pheonox or Netro stripe. Life is too short to have an ugly boat..

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Would rather it be a solid color than a cheesy Pheonox or Netro stripe. Life is too short to have an ugly boat..
    I pay no attention to people who cannot spell. :-) As far as ugly hahahahaha! nice try, just remember those bow wings will creep up and leave you in the spray
    Risen From The Ashes!!

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    It's nice you get one fleeting moment in a day to cherish.

However, it's not you that has worries about a cheesy looking boat, because you're inside of it.

The main concern is rest of us having to look at that eyesore out on the lake.

17. Banned
    It's nice you get one fleeting moment in a day to cherish.

However, it's not you that has worries about a cheesy looking boat, because you're inside of it.

The main concern is rest of us having to look at that eyesore out on the lake.
    Then close your eyes and miss out on seeing greatness pass you by:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix919 View Post
    I pay no attention to people who cannot spell. :-) As far as ugly hahahahaha! nice try, just remember those bow wings will creep up and leave you in the spray
    I spelled cheesy correctly.. I just hope the Vexus has a good looking design. This is the Vexus forum not hooked on Pheoniox. All in fun, i have a 15 year old boat. Smokin HOTT but 15 years old lol. All the new ones look nice! Even the Bow Wangs

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I spelled cheesy correctly.. I just hope the Vexus has a good looking design. This is the Vexus forum not hooked on Pheoniox. All in fun, i have a 15 year old boat. Smokin HOTT but 15 years old lol. All the new ones look nice! Even the Bow Wangs
    Yes I agree we all have great rigs, and are proud of them all. I have had Rangers and loved them too. My take is, as long as I can fish from them I'm happy. Oh and it's spelt Phoenix :-) Merry Christmas to All

20. Member
    All that matters is what comes out of the bag at the scales. Do really think them green fish care what kind of boat they ride in?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast