Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    Well for good or bad I am in it now.. friend begged me to buy in 2015.. not kicking myself in the ass to much
    Did you buy Bitcoin it self or some other crypto or the GBTC? If Bitcoin itself or another crypto, how did you purchase it?

On the Coinbase app..I bought Bit and Lite coins

3. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by kpbass View Post
    Buy buy buy
    how so? Price has dropped and kinda stable and it is still a mystery about where it is heading. I guess we will know in a few hours.

Im in it for more than a few hours

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    On the Coinbase app..I bought Bit and Lite coins
    Thanks Jerry.

Did you or anyone consider buying the GBTC and why or why not?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    how so? Price has dropped and kinda stable and it is still a mystery about where it is heading. I guess we will know in a few hours.
    mmm going up

8. Member
    mmm going up
    -
    Safe to assume it has weathered this predicted December 10th ‘storm’?

9. Member
    Na its going to dump tonight, scheduled outage ...If u have cash In your account you can sometimes trade inside. get stuff low with little pressure..when it comes back on line gets a jump then a sell

10. Member
    Na its going to dump tonight, scheduled outage ...If u have cash In your account you can sometimes trade inside. get stuff low with little pressure..when it comes back on line gets a jump then a sell
    -
    I thought we’d have a significant dip from the standpoint of futures.........ended up much less than I expected.

11. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Guys where is a good site to buy other crpytos at? I'm set up on coinbase, but I'm tnteresred in Some others as well.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

Trying to buy yourself a crypto kitty ?? LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Cheatham200 View Post
    Guys where is a good site to buy other crpytos at? I'm set up on coinbase, but I'm tnteresred in Some others as well.
    Once way you can do it is to buy bitcoin or litecoin from coin base and then go to Changelly.com and change it over to the other ones. You will need a wallet set up for the other cryptos though in order to use it. I would suggest googling how to buy the crypto you want and following their directions.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheatham200 View Post
    I use Bittrex for my alt coin trading.

You can go to www.worldcoinindex.com and search for the coin you are interested in. It will list the exchanges that coin is traded on. Bittrex, YoBit and Poloniex are the 3 biggest exchanges.

shapeshift is the best way to swap coins from one to another. poloniex is what i use because ive been in it for a while and some of the ones listed above didnt used to work in the USA but theyll let you sign up and you wont know you cant until you waste a week getting verified.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

16. Member
    Just bought in on some Litecoin. See it being better chance at price point vs Bitcoin right now. Worse thing could happen is lose some $$. Lol

17. Member
    I bought a few Litecoins at $120. It's a gamble, but when you look at market caps I believe Litecoin or some of the other alt coins may be a better play than bitcoin. An article stated if bitcoin has another year like this past year it will triple the market cap of Microsoft. Maybe that's feasible, I don't know, but it's hard to imagine it going from where it was in January 2017 to triple the size of Microsoft in two years. Meanwhile, Litecoin could have another massive year and still not be a third of the market cap that bitcoin is currently at. Also, even though bitcoin gets the publicity, it was actually outperformed by both Litecoin and Ethereum over the past year (bitcoin 2000%, Ethereum 5600%, Litecoin 4900%)... Bitcoin is probably the safer play if there is such a thing since it's well-established, but I think there's more growth potential in the smaller ones simply from a cap perspective.

18. idbefishing
    Interesting that January futures for bitcoin is near 18K and actual price of the coin is still hanging below 17K since last Friday. Wonder if current actual price dictates futures or vice versa.

19. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
    I bought a few Litecoins at $120. It's a gamble, but when you look at market caps I believe Litecoin or some of the other alt coins may be a better play than bitcoin. An article stated if bitcoin has another year like this past year it will triple the market cap of Microsoft. Maybe that's feasible, I don't know, but it's hard to imagine it going from where it was in January 2017 to triple the size of Microsoft in two years. Meanwhile, Litecoin could have another massive year and still not be a third of the market cap that bitcoin is currently at. Also, even though bitcoin gets the publicity, it was actually outperformed by both Litecoin and Ethereum over the past year (bitcoin 2000%, Ethereum 5600%, Litecoin 4900%)... Bitcoin is probably the safer play if there is such a thing since it's well-established, but I think there's more growth potential in the smaller ones simply from a cap perspective.
    If you want to compare market caps, don't use stocks. I know all the experts are, but we all know bitcoin and the other coins, are not stocks. Thats like comparing apples to steak. You could compare it to gold, apples to bananas, they're atleast fruit, but you're not going to carry a gold bar into a store and buy something. Gold's market cap is over $7 trillion. Could bitcoin become the next "store of value" and replace gold? That's my thesis. And the other crypt coins becomes the currency.
    Thanos was the hero

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    If you want to compare market caps, don't use stocks. I know all the experts are, but we all know bitcoin and the other coins, are not stocks. Thats like comparing apples to steak. You could compare it to gold, apples to bananas, they're atleast fruit, but you're not going to carry a gold bar into a store and buy something. Gold's market cap is over $7 trillion. Could bitcoin become the next "store of value" and replace gold? That's my thesis. And the other crypt coins becomes the currency.
    True. That's a good point. It seems that recently a lot of the talk has been exactly what you mentioned, bitcoin for storing value and another currency such as Litecoin for transactional value. The shear number of people that are in bitcoin along with it's transactional process has caused some major backups because they are coming in faster than they can be verified. Quicker processing and lower fees seem to be the claim with the other currencies for becoming the "go-to" for small transactions. In other words, bitcoin is the savings account and another currency is the checking account.

Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast