Kentucky Lake - Winter Bass Fishing

As we head into winter (December and January), what are some traditional patterns/presentations that are used? New to fishing this lake this time of year, but plan to do some this winter. I am assuming ledges on the main river channel should be my focus, but any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. Member
    From what I've read, jerkbait is pretty popular.

3. Member
    IMO, jerkbait, A-Rig, jig, shad rap. The water is still in the low 50's, after next week it will really cool down. Going to get cold!!

4. Member
    Arig, thats it your welcome!

5. Member
    Was on Kentucky today, 12-04-17. Water is "gin clear". Don't recall seeing the water so clear this time of year. Water temps still around 54. Will definitely drop with the weather coming in later this week. Caught some nice smallies last week on chartruse grub with 1/8 oz. jig head. Caught them in relatively shallow water (4-7 ft.) Fished south of the Hwy 68 bridge last week and today. Caught 2 keeper large mouths on a 3/16 oz. white spinner bait. They hit in shallow water about half way back in coves. Hit the spinner bait right at the bank.

6. Member
    I have had quite a bit of success of a jerkbait the past two weeks. I am assuming this colder weather we are about to have is gonna push the fish deep?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NumberOne View Post
    I have had quite a bit of success of a jerkbait the past two weeks. I am assuming this colder weather we are about to have is gonna push the fish deep?
    I would concentrate on the main lake banks on the east side where deep water comes close and bars in the mouth of the bays.

In the old days. Jerkbait and grub was all you needed. Grub in days with little wind and jerkbait on windy days. Now most everybody throws a-rig.

9. Member
    A-rig, jig, swimbait are my three primary winter baits. Jerbaits work too, I just don't like fishing them.