Replacement fuel tank

I am trying to replace the fuel tank in my 14 sabre due to the original having a small whole in it from a mounting screw. Bass cat has been great as always and sent me a new tank however I can not figure out how to get the old tank out. I have removed the seats and access panel and unhooked all the fuel lines. The tank is larger then the access area. Has anyone replace a tank in a sabre before or have any advise on how to get it out?

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I would have no idea how to do that. Give BCB a call or talk to your local BCB dealer maybe?
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Member
    Totally different application but I just had the transom redone on my old pantera and the guy said he fought the tank for a couple hours to get it out and finally realized he could take the filler neck off from the tank I believe. May try looking into that.

Good Afternoon Jason,

I spoke with our service manager about this one and he said that he would be happy to help in walking you through this process. You can either contact him by email at service@basscat.com or by calling the factory at 870-481-5135 and asking for the service department.

Best Regards,

BCB